Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-21-2013, 01:12 AM   #1
BadBilly
Nodding at stupid things
BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, OnePlus 6, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, iPad Mini 2, PC
Is Sony trying to kill T3 in Canada?

I really wonder about Sony at times. I saw an ad for the T3 and decided to click on it to see how they're promoting the item in Canada. The ad links to a page where it is buried in the general Sony site. This is also where you end up if you click through from the Canadian Sony bookstore. Weirdest of all, I think is that there is no mention of the lighted cover on the page and no link to "accessories" or such. That cover, at fifty bucks, is undoubtedly a high margin item for Sony and you think they'd want to sell them if possible. Furthermore, casual shoppers will just see it and see that it doesn't have any lighting option and, perhaps, consider it inferior to a glowing Kobo or Kindle. If one does a search on the Sony site for "reader cover" you can find them. Not very impulse-purchase friendly. And no, the lighted cover doesn't come up as an option once you've placed it in your shopping cart either.

It almost seems like Sony is just shrugging its shoulders and leaving the T3 to die with such lousy promotion on their own site.
BadBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:30 AM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I think it is a website problem. Used to be a section for accessories maybe a month ago IIRC?

Products seem to come and go. Maybe they are going more through other retailers.

I doubt they are trying to kill ereaders or sales of them, but I am of the opinion that ereaders are very low priority for them currently and likely to remain so.

Still I bought a T3 yesterday and I love it. I bought the coverless one and it seems very stable and quite pleasing overall.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2013, 09:55 AM   #3
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
I went to a Sony store. It wasn't on display. I had to ask to see it. The guy got it out of a drawer like it was precious. He seemed a bit confused about the case options. That might have be me misunderstanding. Anyway, Sony are weird. The T3 is nice and it's pricing is okay, but they're not pushing it.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote