Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-04-2011, 06:17 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Galaxy Note 5" to hit UK Nov 17.

Samsung Galaxy Note arriving in the UK November 17

Due to the 5" size of this phone it's going to be a love it or hate it for many. I'm in the love it camp.

For me this is the ideal phone. At 5" it's comfortable enough to read on small enough to be portable AND includes the power of capacitive screen with a stylus.

Chances are I will be leaving my nook at home since this beast will function as an eReader, phone, and PDA.

Quote:
It sports a dual-core Exynos CPU at 1.4GHz (up from the 1.2GHz chip in the Galaxy S II), along with a full gigabyte of RAM and a massive 5.3-inch, 1280x800 SuperAMOLED HD display. (more...)
=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:35 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
The price will be my hate point. I really like the specs of it, especially as I can't get my old PDA connected anymore...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2011, 05:20 PM   #3
BenjaminJames
Enthusiast
BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony 505 (2nd one), had a Cool-er but broke it, Dell Streak
I am so excited about this phone, at the moment i have a dell streak 5" phone which i use as my reader/tablet/mp3, but it pales into insignificance against this bad boy . I just hope this comes to vodafone as i can upgrade early in the 2nd week of November.
BenjaminJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:27 PM   #4
yegon
Connoisseur
yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Due to the 5" size of this phone it's going to be a love it or hate it for many. I'm in the love it camp.

Chances are I will be leaving my nook at home since this beast will function as an eReader, phone, and PDA.
Same here! I currently use an iPhone 4, Sony 650 and an iPad 2. Disappointed by the 4S (specifically the lack of screen size bump), I can see me ditching the 4 and 650 and mainly using the Galaxy Note as a convergence device. I like e-ink, but the thought of a 5.3" screen with that res and ppi - nice!

Thing is, for me, the iPhone has great ppi but is too small for lengthy reading, the iPad is too big, unwieldy, glarey and has low ppi. I love my Sony 650 but, if I had Galaxy Note in my pocket, I just cannot see me bothering using my 650 much. Probably keep the iPad for around the house though, great for couch browsing and the wife'd shoot me if I got rid of it.

Oh, and to preempt the "it's too big!" crowd, remember, it's personal preference. Easily fit in my pocket.
yegon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:45 PM   #5
emt
Nameless Being

I'm Using the Galaxy 5 Player...

and loving it. Root is straightforward if you use Zergrush and there is almost no bloatware. It's also very snappy to respond and the battery life is great - I get 24 hrs+ with light use and more than 10 hrs playing media (movies/surf the web, etc. ). And don't believe the reviews about build quality - this thing is well built and at the same time nice and light to hold - no wrist fatigue at all. One thing to watch though:

The three soft buttons on the bottom turn on after a screen touch so if you are using an ebook reader relying on page flipping by screen touch they will be extremely annoying at night!

I got around this by using Moon Reader in autoscroll mode
Advert