Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-07-2008, 12:34 PM   #31
Kingston
Addict
Kingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle, Iliad v2 & v1,Gen 3 from NAEB, Sony PRS-505, Jetbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
And it's up.
<Aaargh!!> <Must fight impulse!> <Must control> <Losing control!>

.........OK, I ordered one. I'm a sucker for red

Thanx for the link Igorsk!
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:07 AM   #32
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Ordered one as well

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2008, 12:46 PM   #33
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
"2' From My MacBook Pro"

Ha! That's funny!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:34 PM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I would love my 505 to be red. But since my blue one works perfectly well and I don't have the money for a red one, I'll just not get one.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 04:33 AM   #35
Kingston
Addict
Kingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I would love my 505 to be red. But since my blue one works perfectly well and I don't have the money for a red one, I'll just not get one.
Since I got a blue one, a silver one, James Patterson Red, and a Sangria Red one.....maybe I can hang 'em on the Christmas Tree---like ornaments!!
Advert
Old 08-10-2008, 08:47 AM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The James Patterson 505 is just a silver 505 with tacky wallpaper stuck on it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 01:28 PM   #37
Kingston
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The James Patterson 505 is just a silver 505 with tacky wallpaper stuck on it.
Yeah I know. I wrote this about it in post #21 of this thread:

Quote:
I have the James Patterson red 505, and you have to apply the Skinit overlay yourself, very tediousy! They send you a silver 505 and make you put on the overlay yourself!

Since I paid $50 more to get it directly from Sony vs Wal-Mart, looks like they could put the dang stickers on themselves.
I paid a premium price to Sony for this one too....but (hopefully) no silly overlays!
Old 08-23-2008, 12:31 AM   #38
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Well I guess the Red one went on Back Order Did anyone get a shipping notice? I went from Number 3 on the List to 34 because I needed to change my billing option for the Sony Card Rebate. Oh well we shall see

JJ
Old 08-23-2008, 02:15 AM   #39
Kingston
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Well I guess the Red one went on Back Order Did anyone get a shipping notice? I went from Number 3 on the List to 34 because I needed to change my billing option for the Sony Card Rebate. Oh well we shall see

JJ
I haven't received a shipping notice. Estimated shipping date is Aug 22 (yesterday). I asked for engraving on this one, I don't have it on the others.

Where do I go to see my number on the list? And how do I get the Sony Card Rebate?
Old 08-23-2008, 08:05 AM   #40
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingston View Post
I haven't received a shipping notice. Estimated shipping date is Aug 22 (yesterday). I asked for engraving on this one, I don't have it on the others.

Where do I go to see my number on the list? And how do I get the Sony Card Rebate?
If you had it engraved it takes an extra day to process, Customer service can tell you what number you were on the pre-order list. If you have already ordered you can not get the rebate. That is what happened to me I pre-ordered the day they started it, I got home a week later and my Sony Card was in the mailbox, So I called to update my billing info to the Sony Card to for the Rebate, To do that I had to cancel my original order and re-order with the Sony Card thus losing my original spot. For some reason their systems is set up that once an order is placed no one can make any changes to it.

JJ
Old 08-25-2008, 02:40 PM   #41
Miker2k
Miker2k began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I got an update this morning....

Thank you for your recent Sony Style purchase.

We would like to inform you that the status of your order has been updated. The PRS505RC you purchased on order SWXXXXXXXXXXX has been rescheduled to ship on or about 08/28/2008. You will receive an email once your order ships.
Miker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:44 PM   #42
Studio717
Addict
Studio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enough

Device: Various Kindles, iPhone, iPad, Galaxy 10.1
That red is pretty! I almost bought one, then went with the silver because I wanted to get a few different skins for it and thought the silver would make a better background. (I had it engraved, but it shipped very quickly.) I also wasn't sure if the red would be distracting or not while reading, but most likely I'd stop seeing it at all once I was involved with the book.

Last edited by Studio717; 08-25-2008 at 02:49 PM. Reason: (Deleted question that belongs in another thread.)
Studio717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:14 PM   #43
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

I guess my Red 505 will ship on the 28th
Old 08-29-2008, 02:06 AM   #44
Kingston
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
I guess my Red 505 will ship on the 28th

FWIW:

Dear ,
Thank you for your purchase at Sony Style. Your order has been shipped. Please see shipping details below. If you would like to track your order, please go to My Account and select Order Information. Please be aware that Sony Style recycles our tracking numbers so it may take up to 48 hours for your tracking information to provide an accurate status.
The following item(s) have been shipped:
Order Number: SW0

Product:PRS505RC Quantity:1 Description:Reader Digital Book - Sangria Red Date shipped:08/28/2008 Ship Mode:Standard Shipper:Fedex Package Tracking Number:
Old 08-29-2008, 06:49 AM   #45
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Requesting pics (once you get it).
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!