Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-06-2015, 03:50 AM   #1
amazon author
Cracking Coding Interview
amazon author began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Lightbulb Software Engineering Tools and Debugging Techniques: Guide to Build Software Tools

This Software Engineering book is free for today(6th April 2015).
Any software projects can be divided into following phrases: Requirement, "Design & Development", “Unit Testing”, “Integration Testing” and “Support & Maintenance”. Due to highly complex nature of real life software projects, various set of software engineering tools are developed/purchased to facilitate understanding the requirements better, estimate more accurately, design software with good clarity, catch as many bugs as possible in “Unit Testing” phrase, catch all functional bugs in “Integration testing & Deployment” phrase, automate routine project support activities, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/Software-Engin...re+engineering

There is an easy way to find out the lines of code responsible for "regression bugs" using code coverage tool.
Brian Kernighan, the father of C programming language said, "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." For debugging code, you need smart software engineering tools which took many staff years to build, which embeds the experience of thousands of software engineers across the world.
amazon author is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:33 AM   #2
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Thank you for the generous offer.
I will check it out.

I have two comments at a first glance.

1. You may be an excellent engineer and have lots of great info to impart, but you really need to consider getting some professional editorial assistance. Perhaps consider collaborating on a revision with someone more expert in written English communication. Awkward sentence construction and poor copy editing, as is apparent from just the introductory materials, can make even the best technical advice too painful to slog through.
2. I think the lesson that should be taken from Kernighan's quote is NOT "Write clever code and rely on advanced machine tools to debug it." It should be "Don't write clever code." That is, whenever possible, make your code clear and easy to maintain.
Not always possible of course, especially in complex systems. Just sayin'....
ApK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:02 AM   #3
amazon author
Cracking Coding Interview
amazon author began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Thank you for the generous offer.
I will check it out.

I have two comments at a first glance.

1. You may be an excellent engineer and have lots of great info to impart, but you really need to consider getting some professional editorial assistance. Perhaps consider collaborating on a revision with someone more expert in written English communication. Awkward sentence construction and poor copy editing, as is apparent from just the introductory materials, can make even the best technical advice too painful to slog through.
2. I think the lesson that should be taken from Kernighan's quote is NOT "Write clever code and rely on advanced machine tools to debug it." It should be "Don't write clever code." That is, whenever possible, make your code clear and easy to maintain.
Not always possible of course, especially in complex systems. Just sayin'....
Thanks for your comments, will consider it when I can generate some revenue. As per Kerninghan's quote is considered, without debugging tools, it is very difficult to find issues especially in embedded systems.

Last edited by amazon author; 04-07-2015 at 04:09 AM.
amazon author is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debugging, debugging techniques, software development, software engineering, software tools