Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #181
Addamas
Addamas began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hello, I have an ask about toolbars in this browser.
How can I get them back [File Windows etc.]? Sometimes on Paperwhite I miss clicked and lost them so had to reset Kindle

Thank you for the answer
Examples:
http://s23.postimg.org/9f6yjcr3f/scr...32_22_0158.png
http://s23.postimg.org/451zs26uj/scr...58_15_0158.png
Addamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #182
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addamas View Post
Hello, I have an ask about toolbars in this browser.
How can I get them back [File Windows etc.]? Sometimes on Paperwhite I miss clicked and lost them so had to reset Kindle
How do you hide menu bar? Or maybe it just disappears randomly?
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #183
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
How do you hide menu bar? Or maybe it just disappears randomly?
I also managed to disappear the two bars one after another and have to do a hard reset.
AFAIU touching the top-left corner makes them disappear.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #184
Addamas
Addamas began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Sometimes when you click upper and lower left part of the screen you get the main toolbar with address bar.
Well I can try to avoid hyding these bars but if there are any hidden gestures this browser would be even better. Just something like 3x tap upper right corner to get all bars, 2 for the address bar one.
I hope creator sometimes read this forum.

/Dzięki za aplikację, poza tymi tool barami jest świetna /
Addamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:30 AM   #185
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks guys! I got it. After some tries I managed to hide the bar.
My pile of todo items is growing
Advert
Old 05-08-2013, 03:44 AM   #186
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
Baf, no pressure, what's included in your current todo list?
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:18 AM   #187
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepk View Post
Baf, no pressure, what's included in your current todo list?
As far as SkipStone port is concerned the main issues are:
• improve scrolling with finger (it scrolls very slowly now)
• improve menu accessibility (difficult to click)
• fix disappearing menus

Unfortunately I have many more unfinished projects then this

Last edited by baf; 05-09-2013 at 03:29 AM.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #188
Cykotitan
Enthusiast
Cykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1 WiFi
Sometimes it would crash running out of memory even with normal operations, and after recovering from crash start in portrait mode. And the keyboard button isn't accessible/visible in that view mode
Cykotitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:25 PM   #189
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cykotitan View Post
Sometimes it would crash running out of memory even with normal operations, and after recovering from crash start in portrait mode. And the keyboard button isn't accessible/visible in that view mode
hmm.. yeah. occasionally.

But all in it's a great piece of work.

I too finally managed to make my toolbar disappear today. Of course the restart fixed it.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:18 AM   #190
Qwentor
Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Amazon Kindle Touch
What is skipstone-0.7.patch?
What can I do with it?
Qwentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:20 AM   #191
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
For the 478th time...
The Patch is the difference between the original code and the released code.

you can do NOTHING with it.
Cheers...
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:02 AM   #192
Magic
Magic began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505 & paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonepsp View Post
Your website http://www.fabiszewski.net/ is down :S can I have a mirror, please?
Same here - can't open the website. Is there any different source I can download it from?
Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:49 AM   #193
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic View Post
Same here - can't open the website. Is there any different source I can download it from?
site is OK here. (Turkey)
Attached Files
File Type: zip skipstone-0.7.zip (388.0 KB, 327 views)
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:06 PM   #194
Magic
Magic began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505 & paperwhite
^^
Got it. Thanks.
Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #195
Cykotitan
Enthusiast
Cykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1 WiFi
Another thing is the occasional bug where form field and textbox input ends up being typed up in the address bar as well.
And, does anyone know why uploading files isn't possible in either of the browsers? I saw cURL is available on PW, and probably older Kindles too. File browser was demonstrated in Leafpad.

Last edited by Cykotitan; 06-11-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Cykotitan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser, gui lanucher, kindle, launcher add-ons, touch