Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-10-2010, 01:58 PM   #1
jswinden
Nameless Being

Best Buy online lists 350 and 950 but not the 650

Best Buy online lists the 350 (in stock) and 950 (as backordered) but still does not list the 650.

I wonder if they still have a bunch of the 600s left in stock and want to get rid of them first? That kind of makes sense since the 600 had a terrble screen to read from, they probably had trouble selling them or got a lot of returns.

Still it is odd that they list the 950 which still hasn't been released but don't list the 650 which has been released.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:55 PM   #2
SaraD
Groupie
SaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with others

Device: Sony 650, Basic Kindle 7th generation
I saw the same thing on Best Buy's website Friday morning and wrote their customer service a message asking what happened to the 650 and if they plan to offer it. When I get an answer, hopefully this coming week, I will post it.

Yes, I have actually been checking both Best Buy and Newegg daily for the new Sony models. Best Buy has the 350 in silver and Newegg has it in pink, but nothing else yet for the 350 or 650.
SaraD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2010, 05:35 PM   #3
SaraD
Groupie
SaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with others

Device: Sony 650, Basic Kindle 7th generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraD View Post
I saw the same thing on Best Buy's website Friday morning and wrote their customer service a message asking what happened to the 650 and if they plan to offer it. When I get an answer, hopefully this coming week, I will post it.
Well, I received my non-answer from Best Buy yesterday. Not surprising, but a bit disappointing.

From: BestBuy.com Customer Care [mailtonlinestore@bestbuy.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 11:59 AM
To: @@@@@@@@@
Subject: Re: General Questions

Hi Sara,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing your e-book reader with Best Buy. I have taken a look and was not able to locate in information on the PRS 650 model. Once we have heard that Sony wishes for us to carry this particular model, we will update BestBuy.com. I would also check with your local store. There inventory sometimes differs from that on BestBuy.com in order to meet local demand.

Sara, if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. We are always here to help.

Thank you,
Cathy
Best Buy Customer Care
SaraD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:34 PM   #4
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
I'm on the phone with them now. The guy has no idea what the 650 is and says if I want a 950 they will ship it to the store. It is only backordered to ship to my house. ????? That doesn't make sense.

He also tells me the 300 I am seeing at the store is actually a 350. No, I have a 300, it looks completely different from a 350, and it is definitely a 300 on display. Guess I'll trek back and see what is actually in the boxes, and see if they ever plan on putting a 350 on display.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:08 PM   #5
makani
Enthusiast
makani began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS-505
650 availability

My local best buy store had 3 350's but still had the older models display set up even they had none of those (300, 600 or 900) available. The clerk I spoke to said the display was somthing sony would provide and had no clue about the availability of the 650. So guess were just going to have to wait a while to get our hands on a 650.
makani is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2010, 08:54 PM   #6
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by makani View Post
So guess were just going to have to wait a while to get our hands on a 650.
I ordered mine from ABT for the $229 list price, no tax nor shipping (UPS ground), last week - it just arrived. I'm amazed at the difference from my 505!
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:01 PM   #7
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
BestBuy in Canada has the 650 for sale on-line in Red, Silver and Black. It's $249.99 in Canadian dollars and is in stock.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote