Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 08-20-2009, 04:17 PM   #16
akira28
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonteku View Post
I have 2 Kingston 1GB and a Panasonic 256MB that will not work.All my SanDisk and PNY 2GB cards will work along with a Kingston 128MB card that I use only for new firmware.There doesn't seem to be a real pattern.
My rather old KingMax Platinum 1GB has never failed me.

Last edited by akira28; 08-20-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:55 PM   #17
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I stuck a 2 GB Sandisk micro SD with a Sandisk adapter that I had laying around in mine. Haven't found a need to change it.

Last edited by wodin; 08-22-2009 at 02:05 AM.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:59 PM   #18
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by akira28 View Post
Maybe we need a list of those that do work and those that do not. Care to start it off?
Transcend 2GB, 8GB and 32GB works fine.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:34 PM   #19
sein
Connoisseur
sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle, inkBook, Kobo
pq1 2GB, Transcend 8GB, Kingston 32GB. They've all work fine.
sein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:39 PM   #20
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
It is very likely that a card that works fine for books may not work fine for firmware update. The minimal system available to the firmware is not a capable as the full OS. I doubt you can do a firmware upgrade with a 32Gig card.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:03 AM   #21
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
It is very likely that a card that works fine for books may not work fine for firmware update. The minimal system available to the firmware is not a capable as the full OS. I doubt you can do a firmware upgrade with a 32Gig card.
I use 2GB Transcend SD card for firmware upgrade and 32GB for ebooks and audio books only.

Last edited by Kris777; 08-22-2009 at 12:05 AM.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:29 PM   #22
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
Kingston 2 GB used for updates and Books in the past.
Patriot (Frys house brand?) 4 GB used for Books.
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, jetbook