Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-29-2016, 11:58 PM   #1
GentlemanGamer
GentlemanGamer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
error on line 12 at column 82: Namespace prefix 'o' not declared

In the case of numerous files, upon copying and pasting into Sigil or opening previously saved epubs afresh I get the following error or something like it:

error on line 12 at column 82: Namespace prefix 'o' not declared
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

This is proving rather bothersome as I don't really understand the code side of things, and Sigil is now effectively unusable until I get this fixed. Any advice on what should I do from here?
GentlemanGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 02:16 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Need to see some code. Preferably some that includes line 12 column 82.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 03:12 AM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
The OP most likely copied formatted text from MS Word, pasted it in Book View mode and selected No.

This will result in code that looks like this:

Code:
<p class="MsoNormal"><span lang="EN" style="mso-ansi-language:EN">This is a <b>test</b>.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 03:18 AM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Sounds logical Doitsu. The OP would be better of by converting a Word document to HTML or save the Word document as ePUB.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 06:30 AM   #5
GentlemanGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Sorry, here's the erroneous line in question:

<!--StartFragment--><p align="center" style="text-align: center;"><b style="text-align: start; orphans: 2; widows: 2;"><u><span style="font-size: 18pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;">Junk Food<o></o></span></u></b></p>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
The OP most likely copied formatted text from MS Word, pasted it in Book View mode and selected No.

This will result in code that looks like this:

Code:
<p class="MsoNormal"><span lang="EN" style="mso-ansi-language:EN">This is a <b>test</b>.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
That's actually EXACTLY what happened! I'll copy to Word- sometimes to edit some text, or else open a PDF document in Word as that allows me to copy a PDF without the usual line breaks- and then when I copy FROM Word to somewhere else and try to keep the formatting, this happens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Sounds logical Doitsu. The OP would be better of by converting a Word document to HTML or save the Word document as ePUB.
Sounds simple enough; I don't have time this morning, but I'll follow your advice take another crack at things tonight.

---

to everyone's who's posted so far!
Old 08-30-2016, 06:41 AM   #6
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanGamer View Post
Sorry, here's the erroneous line in question:

Code:
<!--StartFragment--><p align="center" style="text-align: center;"><b style="text-align: start; orphans: 2; widows: 2;"><u><span style="font-size: 18pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;">Junk Food<o:p></o:p></span></u></b></p>
To fix this problem delete all:

Code:
<o:p></o:p>
and all other tags that start with <o:
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 10:05 PM   #7
GentlemanGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
To fix this problem delete all:

Code:
<o:p></o:p>
and all other tags that start with <o:
This plus the previous tips fixed it for me. Thanks!