Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-16-2013, 02:02 AM   #16
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Hmm if they are still on offer at the end of the week, I think I will pop in and get one.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:50 AM   #17
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
There's another post on the forum. Even cheaper at Asda
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:15 AM   #18
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperclassique View Post
There's another post on the forum. Even cheaper at Asda
Thanks. It seems silly not to get one for that price. I said the same thing about the Nook too

I could think of worse ways to spend £25/30....
Old 06-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #19
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I was told these are shipped off, along with hardcover and paperbacks they are buying back, to their new "used" bookstores (we don't have one of those in our market, as we have a huge used bookstore that is very successful ... and that pays less than BAM is offering - they offer closer to 25% of what they think they can sell it for, sometimes less if in cash).
I imagine they are referring to 2nd & Charles. The first one was here in Birmingham, AL (BAM's HQ) and they now have 12 stores. I didn't realize they were buying stuff at BAM's in other markets to stock these.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #20
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
I imagine they are referring to 2nd & Charles. The first one was here in Birmingham, AL (BAM's HQ) and they now have 12 stores. I didn't realize they were buying stuff at BAM's in other markets to stock these.
I believe the new SC store is where they said our local stuff is shipping off to.

I need to sort thru some more books and take them over to sell, while they are still doing this, since they pay better than the big used store here.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:09 PM   #21
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I believe the new SC store is where they said our local stuff is shipping off to.

I need to sort thru some more books and take them over to sell, while they are still doing this, since they pay better than the big used store here.
If you do get a local 2nd & Charles store, they usually give a better price for a store credit than for cash. I'm trading in books after I replace them with e-versions. I think I have something like a $30 store credit at the moment.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:06 AM   #22
shanghaichica
Guru

I got mine from WH smith yesterday as they were doing a deal to get the sleep cover for half price.

I've still got my 20% off to spend on accessories too.

Last edited by shanghaichica; 06-22-2013 at 03:13 AM.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:08 AM   #23
shanghaichica
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
Four e-readers is definitely too many, right?
Well I've got 3 now (kindle, kobo, Nook), not including my ipad mini, galaxy note, galaxy tab and iPod touch
Old 06-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #24
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
I almost feel I should buy one just in case anything goes wrong with my PRS 350...... but I must resist, I hate buying things I don't actually need!
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:02 PM   #25
KoboKing
KoboKing knows the square root of minus one.KoboKing knows the square root of minus one.KoboKing knows the square root of minus one.KoboKing knows the square root of minus one.KoboKing knows the square root of minus one.KoboKing knows the square root of minus one.KoboKing knows the square root of minus one.KoboKing knows the square root of minus one.KoboKing knows the square root of minus one.KoboKing knows the square root of minus one.KoboKing knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Mini
Couldn't resist picking one up for £29.99 - Also there was an offer for a half price case if you bought the Kobo, The offer didn't go through and i only realized when i got home so i called WHS and they sent me a £20 voucher as an apology so currently using that to stock up on ebooks!
KoboKing is offline   Reply With Quote