Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-03-2008, 09:46 AM   #16
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Someone claimed it's a "plastic" screen (as opposed to the current "glass" ones). I'm trying to get a confirmation but so far it doesn't seem to be the case.
There is a new FlexiScreen under development, see Astak Mentor eBook readers with WiFi and Touchscreen options, and the assumption is that all the 9.7" screen devices will use this screen and that they will therefore all be available next spring at the earliest.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:46 AM   #17
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
we have some members in japan don't we ? any chance one of them could go to the Brother World JAPAN 2008 conference and ask some questions ? apart from all the obvious ones i would love to know whether the device will support epub natively, whether they plan to make a 6" version (that one looks a bit too large for my needs), what their planned production schedule is and when we can hope to see these devices on the market (and at what price).

alternately, perhaps someone who writes / reads japanese could send them an email ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:11 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If it's being marketted as a document reader, I suspect its intended use is really for viewing A4/Letter type docs, so a 6" version would be unlikely.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:15 AM   #19
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

please harry, just let me dream a little longer...
Old 09-05-2008, 04:36 AM   #20
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
if it can be flipped, all i can say is it's about bloody time someone figured out that ETI had the ergonomy right so long ago with the eb1150 !! i hope that device does end up being marketed with that design, although possible the frame doesn't need to be *quite* so wide there. i would love to find an e-ink device with buttons on the side, so that i could comfortably and securely hold it and turn the pages with just one hand. ...
Seconded. The flip bar was the second main reason I ended up shelling out for an iLiad. I really wish the next generation of devices will be designed more ergonomically.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:20 AM   #21
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ea_ View Post
Seconded. The flip bar was the second main reason I ended up shelling out for an iLiad. I really wish the next generation of devices will be designed more ergonomically.
yep. and i think we are not the only ones.