Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 09-16-2010, 04:31 AM   #1
druzyek
druzyek began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Buttons cracking. What to do?

I just noticed today a small crack near the button I use to turn pages. Any advice on what to do so the crack doesn't spread? I guess asking for a replacement from B&N is out of the question without a warranty.
druzyek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:51 AM   #2
ellimak
I spit hot fire
ellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Nook, or as I call him, Sir Nookington
The cracks are a well-known problem on the first batch of nooks. You don't need the extended warranty to get a replacement from B&N; they've been taking them back with no questions asked. Has something happened to void your original warranty?

If your warranty is void, you're going to need to use the page-swipe method for turning pages. If you continue using the cracked button, it will get worse and eventually go all the way across.
ellimak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2010, 08:02 AM   #3
gandalf1369
gandalf1369 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by druzyek View Post
I just noticed today a small crack near the button I use to turn pages. Any advice on what to do so the crack doesn't spread? I guess asking for a replacement from B&N is out of the question without a warranty.
As ellimak said this is a known problem with the early release nooks. You should be able to get a replacement nook at no cost. Call Customer Service at 1-800-THE-BOOK and choose menu option #2 for Digital Support. You should have your replacement nook in short order.
gandalf1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:07 AM   #4
druzyek
druzyek began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Has something happened to void your original warranty?
I'm not the original owner. Maybe they won't figure it out . . .
druzyek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:53 AM   #5
Goshzilla
Zealot
Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket Ebook 1150
The page swipe can't replace the buttons, for the reason that the nook doesn't allow the user to navigate the B&N online store without the page buttons.
Goshzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert