Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-02-2008, 06:37 PM   #46
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Not the news I was hoping for, unless it moves the 505 price downwards.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 06:39 PM   #47
tekchic
Zealot
tekchic doesn't littertekchic doesn't litter

Device: iPhone X, iPad Pro
Too much to hope for a PRS-500 to PRS-700 trade-in like they're doing for the PRS-505? Been holding out until today for this announcement... now it looks like I want to finally upgrade my PRS-500
tekchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2008, 06:40 PM   #48
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Oddly enough, I actually asked that question.

The answer was to the effect that they didn't have anything like that planned at the moment.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 06:41 PM   #49
nathantw
Zealot
nathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litter

Device: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyDocJoanne View Post
Hi Bob,

The integrated light/cover is $65 at Target.
Thanks! I didn't know that.
nathantw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 06:41 PM   #50
InspectorGadget
Enthusiast
InspectorGadget is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyDocJoanne View Post
...If you watch the demo on You Tube, you'll see that it's functionality looks a little.....well, flaky, I guess.
What YouTube demo? Sony? Or PlasticLogic? Can't find a Sony PRS-700 eBook Demo on YouTube, I'm afraid.
InspectorGadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2008, 06:42 PM   #51
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PlasticLogic.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:42 PM   #52
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
There is a press-kit, here: http://news.sel.sony.com/assets/Reader_2008/

Expect the spec sheet to show up there as well.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 06:42 PM   #53
PsyDocJoanne
Loves her 505 and her Z4!
PsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thanks NatCh, I did mean PlasticLogic.
PsyDocJoanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 06:43 PM   #54
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
There is a press-kit, here: http://news.sel.sony.com/assets/Reader_2008/

Expect the spec sheet to show up there as well.
Nice find, TadW! Yep there's all kindsa links there!
Old 10-02-2008, 06:43 PM   #55
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
'fraid not
That's a bit of a bummer. But still, the availability of the touch screen does leave that a possibility in the future.

If not officially, perhaps unofficially

Or would it be too difficult? I know that you're not going to get Wacom levels of accuracy and writing quality on a passive touch screen, but PDA's and other devices have been able to offer a reasonable experience on such screens.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 06:44 PM   #56
NatCh
Gizmologist

We think it's a capacitive touch screen, they don't do so good on digink, apparently.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:45 PM   #57
NatCh
Gizmologist

Ooo: More pix here.

Direct links (very hi rez!):
Old 10-02-2008, 06:49 PM   #58
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
For now, I'll buy the booklight and start saving my pennies for the 700.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 06:51 PM   #59
Lord KiRon
Connoisseur
Lord KiRon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Person who decided to remove page turn buttons from under fingers holding the book killed the device. Period.
Lord KiRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 06:52 PM   #60
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Did anyone notice this snippet from the press release (emphasis mine):

Quote:
With the included eBook Library 2.5 PC software, you can easily transfer Adobe PDF documents with reflow capability, Microsoft Word documents, BBeB files and other text file formats to the Reader.
My installed version of eBook Library says V2.2.00.18100, and when I click on check for updates, it says I am using the latest.
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
front light, frontlight, prs700, sony reader, touch screen, touchscreen