Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-01-2009, 03:54 PM   #1
Kimarie
Kimarie began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
kindle 2 "unexpected error"

I haven't had this kindle for very long and I've never even hooked it up to my computer yet, just used it for reading a few downloaded books and subscription blogs. It was fully charged when I unplugged it this morning and it turns on fine, but everything on my home screen that I click on gives a message of "unexpected error" and returns to the home screen when I click the only option "close". I've never rebooted my kindle before so I did a google search to find out how to and saw a message about holding the sliding switch for 20 seconds. That shuts of the screen completely, but when I turn it back on it's still gives the same message no matter what book I try to select. The internet and kindle store seem to work fine, but I can't read my books. Any suggestions?
Kimarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:22 PM   #2
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
The only other time I've heard of this happening, the guy was shipped a replacement Kindle from Amazon. I think you're going to have to call them and arrange the same thing. If you don't have many books and don't mind redownloading (which you'll have to do with your replacement Kindle anyway), you could try a reset to factory defaults. But I don't think that fixes the error.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2009, 05:23 PM   #3
Kimarie
Kimarie began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Going into the settings menu and restarting it fixed my problem. I hadn't messed with the menu options much and I didn't realize there was a restart option until I called the kindle support.
Kimarie is offline   Reply With Quote