Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-03-2013, 07:00 AM   #16
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianinmaine View Post
any progress on this idea of sharing libs for different extensions? I am now able to extract the libs I need, thanks to the above script, I was just wondering if they should be put somewhere if the libs are duplicates? I would vote for that, just curious of other thoughts on this?
Thoughts here: https://bitbucket.org/twobob/kual-system

Although we may have to use both a /lib and a /usr/lib to keep the dynamic library loader happy.
(Combining the two 'trusted' library trees was not a well thought out idea when I wrote it.)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #17
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Well.... The whole problem with FAT is the SO names no longer ACTUALLY point to their long SO counterparts, they are in fact a copy of the long-named so versions since FAT does not support links. Neatly and effectively breaking the SO name fail-over system.

This makes the task of providing ALL libs in one place impractical.

however many libs get used again and again - and the modules required for the 3 different flavours of kernel we have don't change so those things will make it into KUAL-system.

so - in a nutshell - those libs required to provide the support for the systems binaries provided by kual-system will indeed go into /mnt/us/extensions/system/lib/armv7l /mnt/us/extensions/system/lib/armv6l and /mnt/us/extensions/system/lib

and the relevant LD_LIBRARY_PATHs are added to the main.

if people choose to then put bits of their libs in there then they would indeed be instantly resolved, but this is not a long term, or stand-alone, solution for the problem of library duplication and a /mnt/us/extensions/my_app/lib/ folder would be required in most cases to ensure libs are available - other than those libs that end up being staple libs for the kual-system itself.

Hope that is clear if not that helpful.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2013, 09:18 AM   #18
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
There may be solutions to the lack of link support on fat32 - -
But I don't have a working and tested solution (yet) -
So the situation is like twobob describes above.

Which is not all bad -
Since 'specialized' libraries used only by one add-in for now have to be in that add-in's collection of files.
That is because we don't have anything resembling *nix package management to tell us when a library file is no longer needed on the system (or is needed and missing).

This situation is not being 'over looked' -
Just that things are, for now at least, as twobob explained above.
I.E: A Windows file system on which we follow the Windows installation plan.

Last edited by knc1; 09-03-2013 at 09:24 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:27 AM   #19
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@brian. hmm yeah this less aggressive than the later filegrabber

I'll see about grabbing it off at some point.

Just burned a pile of time going through failed overlay solutions for the fronter...
sigh.
Bed.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:32 AM   #20
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
@brian. hmm yeah this less aggressive than the later filegrabber

I'll see about grabbing it off at some point.

Just burned a pile of time going through failed overlay solutions for the fronter...
sigh.
Bed.
WHAT?? You can't do EVERYTHING in ONE DAY??

seriously, when you get time is fine. thank you again!

I do like the smilies!
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #21
twobob

based on Niljues suggestion to try to improve this via ldd...

I have come up with:

THING="/mnt/us/debian/usr/games/gtkboard" (for example)
then...

ldd $THING | tail +2 | awk '{a[NR%4]=$1}NR>1{print a[(NR-1)%4]}'

(this skips the /usr/lib/libenvload.so and /lib/ld-linux.so.3 results as well as only printing the library names we are interested in.

I'll look to weld that into the exporter to give better all-round results.

EDIT: so in-context this would be:

#OLD THING
#FILES=$(readelf -d ${@} |awk -F\[ ' /Shared library/ {print $2}' | cut -d"]" -f1)

#NEW THING
FILES=$(ldd ${@} | tail +2 | awk '{a[NR%4]=$1}NR>1{print a[(NR-1)%4]}')

I will look to ALSO: still find NON-native equivalents of kindle supported libs
(may take longer... but will save some time in the longrun on known trouble makers like libgthread-2.0.so.0 etc..)

that'll probably make it into the next update.

Last edited by twobob; 10-13-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:42 PM   #22
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@twobob:

You're welcome to look at the pax-utils tools from the Gentoo hardened guys (https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project.../PaX_Utilities / http://dev.gentoo.org/~vapier/dist/), notably the lddtree script (that prints the full dependency tree of a binary/lib, following the deps of each lib), and the symtree script that points out weak/unresolved symbols.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:01 PM   #23
twobob

Thanks!

I have been working on this thing since I last updated...

[root@kindle root]# filegrabber /mnt/us/debian/usr/games/gtp-rhino
Code:
------------------------------------------------
BUILD LIST OF DEPENDENT LIBS AND THEIR LOCATIONS
FINDING CANDIDATE FOR: libpthread.so.0 LOCATED AT: /mnt/us/debian/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libpthread.so.0
FINDING CANDIDATE FOR: libgnomeui-2.so.0 LOCATED AT: /mnt/us/debian/usr/lib/libgnomeui-2.so.0
FINDING CANDIDATE FOR: libSM.so.6 LOCATED AT: /mnt/us/debian/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libSM.so.6
FINDING CANDIDATE FOR: libICE.so.6 LOCATED AT: /mnt/us/debian/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libICE.so.6
FINDING CANDIDATE FOR: libbonoboui-2.so.0 LOCATED AT: /mnt/us/debian/usr/lib/libbonoboui-2.so.0
FINDING CANDIDATE FOR: libgnomevfs-2.so.0 LOCATED AT: /mnt/us/debian/usr/lib/libgnomevfs-2.so.0
FINDING CANDIDATE FOR: libgnomecanvas-2.so.0 LOCATED AT: /mnt/us/debian/usr/lib/libgnomecanvas-2.so.0
FINDING CANDIDATE FOR: libgnome-2.so.0 LOCATED AT: /mnt/us/debian/usr/lib/libgnome-2.so.0
FINDING CANDIDATE FOR: libpopt.so.0 LOCATED AT: /mnt/us/debian/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libpopt.so.0
FINDING CANDIDATE FOR: libbonobo-2.so.0 LOCATED AT: /mnt/us/debian/usr/lib/libbonobo-2.so.0
FINDING CANDIDATE FOR: libbonobo-activation.so.4 LOCATED AT: /mnt/us/debian/usr/lib/libbonobo-activation.so.4
FINDING CANDIDATE FOR: libORBit-2.so.0 LOCATED AT: /mnt/us/debian/usr/lib/libORBit-2.so.0
FINDING CANDIDATE FOR: libart_lgpl_2.so.2 LOCATED AT: /mnt/us/debian/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libart_lgpl_2.so.2
FINDING CANDIDATE FOR: libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 LOCATED AT: /mnt/us/debian/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
FINDING CANDIDATE FOR: libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0 LOCATED AT: /mnt/us/debian/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0
FINDING CANDIDATE FOR: libatk-1.0.so.0 LOCATED AT: /mnt/us/debian/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libatk-1.0.so.0
FINDING CANDIDATE FOR: libgio-2.0.so.0 LOCATED AT: /mnt/us/debian/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libgio-2.0.so.0

it's not 100% complete yet but I slightly misunderstood the usage of ldd - however I have now linked it WITH readelf...

hopefully my new system (partial output above...) will be the full article...

I will FOR SURE check out the link.

Thanks mate.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:06 PM   #24
twobob

Lightbulb

hmmm... this looks a bit better as an output.

This version of the script DOES make an assumption..
debian is mounted as/at /mnt/us/debian

if it isn't then you have to amend that variable..

but it runs a bazzilion times faster than the previous version... (which still isn't fast but... yeah)
and should try to find all sub-dependencies.

No doubt as I learn more I will realise there are improvements that could be made...

OUTPUT:

[root@kindle bin]# filegrabber /mnt/us/debian/usr/games/pente
Code:
BUILD LIST OF DEPENDENT LIBS AND THEIR LOCATIONS
FINDING CANDIDATE FOR: libX11.so.6 LOCATED AT: /mnt/us/debian/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libX11.so.6
copied /mnt/us/debian/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libX11.so.6 to /mnt/us/export/pente/lib/libX11.so.6
FINDING CANDIDATE FOR: libncurses.so.5 LOCATED AT: /mnt/us/debian/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libncurses.so.5
copied /mnt/us/debian/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libncurses.so.5 to /mnt/us/export/pente/lib/libncurses.so.5
FINDING CANDIDATE FOR: libnsl.so.1 LOCATED AT: /mnt/us/debian/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libnsl.so.1
copied /mnt/us/debian/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libnsl.so.1 to /mnt/us/export/pente/lib/libnsl.so.1
FINDING CANDIDATE FOR: libxcb.so.1 LOCATED AT: /mnt/us/debian/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libxcb.so.1
copied /mnt/us/debian/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libxcb.so.1 to /mnt/us/export/pente/lib/libxcb.so.1
FINDING CANDIDATE FOR: libXau.so.6 LOCATED AT: /mnt/us/debian/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libXau.so.6
copied /mnt/us/debian/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libXau.so.6 to /mnt/us/export/pente/lib/libXau.so.6
FINDING CANDIDATE FOR: libXdmcp.so.6 LOCATED AT: /mnt/us/debian/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libXdmcp.so.6
copied /mnt/us/debian/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libXdmcp.so.6 to /mnt/us/export/pente/lib/libXdmcp.so.6
filelist = 
libtinfo.so.5
copying /mnt/us/debian/usr/games/pente to /mnt/us/export/pente/bin/pente
Searching 774 user libs, 84 libs, 13 extended dirs

libtinfo.so.5
non native result /mnt/us/debian/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libtinfo.so.5
Export complete at /mnt/us/export/pente ensure you run pente like: cd /mnt/us/export/pente/bin; LD_LIBRARY_PATH=../lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH ./pente

I'll up it to the top post.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #25
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

my version based on what you had before: still needs lots of work but not too bad for just getting what I needed. This had the kindle-lib directory stuff backwards a bit, but I can always delete what I don't need.
Attached Files
File Type: zip filecheckerbt.zip (1.2 KB, 400 views)
Old 10-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #26
twobob

nice...

The version I am working on (hopefully) will iterate over the sub-dependencies...
(If I ever work it out!)

like your use of cmp may subsume that

Thanks for that much obliged.

Last edited by twobob; 10-13-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:14 PM   #27
brianinmaine
Evangelist

I was thinking maybe have it export directly to /mnt/us/extensions/blah and maybe set up a simple config and json file for KUAL to be edited, most of the stuff done already. So I don't have to cat and copy/paste the first time command line
Old 10-13-2013, 10:47 PM   #28
twobob

Yeah. I'm just giving your script the once over again.

Looks pretty complete actually...

I'm gonna run it against something brutal and see how it fares.

may just tweak it a bit, for example:

Quote:
| grep "=> /" | awk '{print $3}' |
can be

Quote:
awk ' /=> \// {print $3}' |
but "overally" total marks for awesome.

better than mine.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:57 PM   #29
brianinmaine
Evangelist

I just steal all the awk stuff off the net cause I still hate regular expressions...

Also a good time to use it is if I do compile the program and can't figure what libs it actually needs. Man you have helped me SO MUCH! This is really fun now!

Tags
bash, export, k5 tools, kindle, kindle tools, tools