Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 07:25 PM   #1
Bconvisdmd
Enthusiast
Bconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel is

Device: android phone
Classic horror from a sadistic dentist

Disclaimer one: I am a dentist and who better to understand fear than a dentist. Our minds are quite deranged.
Disclaimer two: Although I write horror, there are NO zombies to be found here. I repeat- NO zombies. Everyone else is doing zombies. I have a restraining order against them; they are not allowed within 50 pages of one of my stories.

I don't do violence or gore for the sake of violence or gore. I compare my stuff to King, Hill, Barker, and the old-Koontz (Koontz fans know what I mean!) in subject matter: A lot of supernatural, but a lot of psychological character study as well (think Man Who Loved Flowers from King's Nightshift).

I currently have 2 short story books available: Pandora’s Children Book 1: In The Chair and Book 2: Too Young To Die. Book 3: Death Bleeds Into Life will be available in mid-January. Book 1 contains “The Devil’s Toothache” and “Dentures”, while Book 2 contains “A Little Snack”, “Higher” and the almost novella “Roadside Memorial”. The books can be found here at Amazon, BN or Smashwords

Free previews of all 5 stories, as well as the free short stories (all under 4,000 words) “To Don”, “Four Corners”, “On the Curb” and “As Seen On Craig’s List”, can be found at: Feedbooks, Smashwords, and Scribd.

You can also keep up with me at my blog: http://www.notjustaboringdentist.com
And visit me at Facebook for updates: Bradley Convissar Author

New short story up at my Facebook page. To read "Wood Chipper Blues" (under 5,000 words), visit Bradley Convissar Author. Enjoy

Last edited by Bconvisdmd; 01-01-2011 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Want to add info without starting a new thread
Old 01-01-2011, 07:37 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Bconvisdmd

Take a moment and click on the "introduce yourself" link below to join the rest of us.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:23 AM   #3
Bconvisdmd
Enthusiast
Bconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel is

New promotional video, input appreciated!

Decided to try my hand at making a promotional trailer using Windows Movie Maker. Had a fun time, don't know how effective it will be, if at all. But here it is, would like some feedback if possible. Thanks.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:17 AM   #4
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Don't take this the wrong way but you, sir, are the stuff of nightmares. Well, mine at least. But your post is oddly compelling, in the way that one is drawn to dark things in the hopes of exorcising one's... *shudder*

Yes, I have "dentist issues". The video caused a reaction similar to apoplexy. Teeth, syringe... But as I believe that one man should not suffer for the sins of another (and because I'm a fan of horror), I shall download your free offerings.

You totally get bonus points for using Kevin MacLeod's music in the video , and it suits it very well. I will return after reading and let you know if you have made up for any of the damage done by one of the more horrific members of your profession. Just know that if I end up purchasing something, I'm doing it to support your writing, NOT your dentistry.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:27 AM   #5
Bconvisdmd
Enthusiast

New piece of flash horror in video format at Youtube!
Just click this link! Its 3 minutes and well worth your time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEZEEHE_CDY
Old 02-09-2011, 12:28 AM   #6
Bconvisdmd
Enthusiast

Free horror from the mind of a sadistic dentist

Welcome to my chair. Please, take a seat. I promise this won't hurt.

Looking for some free "classic" horror? Tired of vampire romances and zombies and gore for gore's sake? Hop on over to Smashwords and download a copy of Pandora's Children: Dark Interludes for free. 7 stories and over 20,000 words of psychological terror that will keep you wondering long after you've turned your e-reader off.
For more info, check out the official Pandora's Children website here
or
My Smashwords profile, where you can download it instantly.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:58 PM   #7
Bconvisdmd
Enthusiast

Pandora's Children Book 3: Death Bleeds Into Life

In Book 1: In The Chair, you met a pair of dentists and the monsters they serviced

In Book 2: Too Young To Die, you met a lawyer destined for a fateful rendezvous, a father forced to make a terrible decision when his drug-addicted son comes knocking, and a man who goes to brutal lengths to avenge a horrible murder.

(If you haven’t picked up either of these books yet, please do so. Book 1 has been recently re-edited for your pleasure.)

Now, in Book 3: Death Bleeds Into Life, meet a young woman forced to face a horrible truth in her Gross Anatomy Lab ("Just Meat", 6,600 words), a religious leader forced to pay for his crimes in the Utah desert ("A Matter of Faith, A Matter of Balance", 9,300 words), a boy dying of a brain tumor as he looks for one last thrill in the Nevada desert ("The Madame Penitent", 10,500 words), and a college student looking to unravel the mysteries of the room next door where a girl was rape and murdered two years earlier ("The Transfer", 19,500 words)

These are four stories that are sure to keep you thinking long after you've stopped reading.

If you are tired of gore for gore’s sake, slasher/serial murder stories, zombie stories and vampire romances, welcome… if you are looking for good, old-fashioned Stephen King/Dean Koontz/Clive Barker–esque psychological horror featuring ghosts, monsters and madmen, then take a peek.

Four stories. Over 45,000 words (about 112 print words). For only $.99. What have you got to lose? Besides sleep. And a third of a tank of gas. What's that? About eight miles? It’s worth it. And if you haven’t read the first two books yet, either, they are only $.99 as well.

My Amazon profile, where you can purchase books directly: http://www.amazon.com/Dr.-Bradley-Co...r_dp_pel_pop_1
My Barnes and Nobles profile, where you can purchase books directly: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...=2940012620637

If you are interested in a free taste of what I have to offer, click the link below to my Smashwords account and pick up Pandora’s Children: Dark Interludes, which showcases 7 free stories and over 20,000 words of terror. And Santa Claus. Yes, he makes an appearance. Enjoy!
Old 02-16-2011, 10:10 PM   #8
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic
thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook1, Samsung Transform, Nook2
These sound wonderful! It is somewhat hard to find classic horror these days. I'm picking up book 1 as soon as I get home tonight . Can I assume that the numbered books are all stand-alone? (I ask because the next one I'd like to try is book 3).
Old 02-16-2011, 10:32 PM   #9
Bconvisdmd
Enthusiast

They are all stand alone books and can be enjoyed in any order

Last edited by Bconvisdmd; 02-17-2011 at 01:57 AM.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:09 AM   #10
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic
thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I picked up all three and just finished reading a couple of stories from book3. "A Matter of Faith, A Matter of Balance" is quite superb (and unexpected in terms of plot and originality ). Very entertaining. I look forward to reading the rest (I'm on "The Madame Penitent" at the moment and quite enjoying it). Good work, Doc .
Old 02-26-2011, 04:17 PM   #11
Bconvisdmd
Enthusiast

Talking

Thanks for the response. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself.

By the way, to anyone who is reading this, one of the stories from my Dark Interludes collection is one of the top ten finalists in the 2010 Suspense Magazine writing contest. Regardless of whether or not I'm in the top 3 and find my work in the magazine, it is an accomplishment for me, hopefully a sign of things to come.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:37 AM   #12
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic

Alright, I've read all three collections and I have to say, BRAVO!
Could not put them down! After a very long time, I finally get to read horror stories that are intelligent, charming and just damned entertaining. "The Madame Penitent" was just beautifully written - I enjoyed that one a lot. I hope to see a LOT more writing from you, doc!

Just downloaded Dark Interludes (must have missed it last time). Thanks for making it free. I read something in one of your books about an upcoming full-length novel - any more information about that? What's it about? (or is that secret?) When's it coming out?

Keep up the good work
Old 03-04-2011, 02:56 PM   #13
Bconvisdmd
Enthusiast

Enjoy horror? Sick of zombies and vampires? Have $.99 burning a hole in your pocket? Well, I have something for you.

Pandora's Children Book 3: Death Bleeds Into Life is 45,000 words of classic, psychological horror.

"The Madame Penitent" is the story of an eighteen year old looking to lose his virginity before a brain tumor kills him.

"A Matter of Faith, A Matter of Balance" tells the tale of a religious cult leader in Utah who senses the coming of Armageddon.

"Just Meat" explores the mind of a first year medical student as she plays with the cadavers in her Gross Anatomy Lab

And "The Transfer" tells the story of a college student obsessed with discovering the truth behind the rape and murder of a girl two years earlier in the room next to his.

A recent five-star review from Smashwords says:
Quote:
"Excellent! All stories in this collection are great. "The Madame Penitent" is something truly special. The plot alone would make it worthwhile but it is so much more than that. Evocatively written, the prose in this story feels more like poetry (and I mean that in a good way ). The good doctor delivers!"
As a side note, I recently learned that I won third place in Suspense Magazine's annual writing contest for my short Christmas story "Naughty and Nice", which can be found in the March 2011 issue!

So check out Death Bleeds Into Life, and don't forget Books 1 and 2: In the Chair and To Young to Die, respectively.

All books only $.99

And keep your eyes out for Book 4: Dogs of War, a 25,000 word stand-alone novella which I describe as a brutal, heart-wrenching ghost story.

My Smashwords profile back, where Dark Interludes is available for free and you can purchased books for your Sony eReader: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/BradC
My Amazon profile, where you can purchase books directly: http://www.amazon.com/Dr.-Bradley-Co...r_dp_pel_pop_1
My Barnes and Nobles profile, where you can purchase books directly: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...=2940012620637
Closed Thread

Tags
ghosts, horror, monsters, murder, murderers, psychological fiction, short stories, short story