Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-31-2010, 02:04 PM   #1
Pripyat
Beginner E-Book Reader
Pripyat began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350 Silver
Lightbulb How to resurrect your frozen PRS-300

IMPORTANT: Use this tutorial,only for your own risk! I not hold any responsibility for the damages which you can cause for your reader!

A few days ago,my prs300 was totally frozen. After i turned on the small led was blinked yellow and on the screen the "opening book" appeared,but nothing happened. I cant hard reset it,but luckily i found a solution,so now im just gonna share with everyone maybe someone else gonna find helpful.

1. Connect your reader to your computer with USB.

2. Press the reset button on the bottom of the reader. (nothing gonna happen the screen still shows the same)

3. Slide the power button.

4. If u are lucky your computer gonna find your reader internal drives (while the yellow led are flashing),and on the screen the "usb connected" going to be appear.

The problem is,you cant access to the book database (because its showing a hard drive error),but you can format the internal hard drive with any file manager program or inside the my computer.

When the formatting is complete,you can plug off the usb cable and restart the reader.

This method worked fine for me,it seems there was a file problem on the reader hard drive.

I dont know,this can be helpful in other problems as well,but this one worked for me with the file system problem.

Good luck!
Pripyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:12 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Before taking such a drastic step, you can first try this.
  1. Press and hold the Reset button (using a paper clip) for several seconds.
  2. Slide and hold the On/Off button for 15 seconds or more.
  3. Repeat if necessary.

If that fails try holding in the Reset button while simultaneously sliding and holding the On/Off button for 15 seconds or more.

The Reset button on the PRS300 tends to work differently than on most electronic devices. It often requires a bit of patience and persistence to get the reader to reset.

Last edited by jswinden; 03-31-2010 at 04:14 PM.
Advert