Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 03-31-2003, 02:02 PM   #1
dillon65
Connoisseur
dillon65 began at the beginning.

Device: TX
New Beta

After reading through this four page thread, I have had many questions answered; however I still misunderstand a few one things.

I no longer have to copy and past from wcc110 to the isilox?

Do I need a password for the scheduled conversion account?

Do I need to change the padding configerations in the Margins tab?

In the destination tab it shows the isilo_converted file, but I have requested the pref to install each html to my pda desktop which uses my hotsync name; should anything change?

thanks

dillon65
Old 04-06-2003, 05:05 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
I no longer have to copy and past from wcc110 to the isilox?
You still must use the WCC list if you want a list of channels - the WCC list will always be complementary for iSilo. Copy and Paste is required if you want to create a *new* list with only a handful, selected, channels that you regularly read. In this case, you must open two instances of iSiloX, in one instance, open the WCC list, in the other, create an empty list. Then you can copy and paste individual channels from the WCC list to the new list. At the end, save your new list under a new name.
Quote:
Do I need a password for the scheduled conversion account?
Not sure. Follow the thread closely where people talk about scheduled conversion. I am not using it myself.
Quote:
Do I need to change the padding configerations in the Margins tab?
No, as long as the converted web page looks nice on your Palm. If, however, the converted web page looks too wide (in which case you would have to scroll horizontally on your PDA screen), you could try changing the padding configuration.
Quote:
In the destination tab it shows the isilo_converted file, but I have requested the pref to install each html to my pda desktop which uses my hotsync name; should anything change?
Where exactly do you want to file to be converted? To your Desktop OR to your Palm? If you want to convert it to your desktop first, and then move the files to your Palm manually, you must create a directory called "isilo_converted" on your C harddrive. If you want to download the page directly (do you external memory, like memorystick), you must download the VFS version of WCC and then manually replace your_hotsyncname with the hotsync name of your Palm. I am not sure, but I think this was already covered elsewhere on this board, so a search could be useful.

Alex
Advert