Notices

Old 06-09-2011, 09:46 AM   #1
comet
Connoisseur
comet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis , Kindle Oasis 2, Tolino Epos
Mobi2Epub: titlepage image twice

Hallo,

if I convert a mobi to epub using calibre there is always the titlepage image twice in the epub. In the original mobi there is only one titlepage image. In which way I can change that behaviour?
comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:13 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You are probably inserting a cover image, and the mobi probably has a cover image that is not marked as one.

This would most easily be rectified by using the "Remove First Image" option under structure detection subset of conversion options.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2011, 10:27 AM   #3
comet
Connoisseur

I didn't insert an image. Calibre extracted the image from the mobi file. So it had correctly recognized the included image as a cover image, which should mean that the cover image in the mobi file should be marked as one.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:37 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by comet View Post
Calibre extracted the image from the mobi file. So it had correctly recognized the included image as a cover image, which should mean that the cover image in the mobi file should be marked as one.
I am not sure that is correct! I have a feeling that if does not find an explicitly marked cover then Calibre tries to get the first image it finds instead as a likely guess.

Have you tried converting with the option to Remove First Image selected to see if ti fixes your problem?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:44 AM   #5
comet
Connoisseur

I tried it and it worked! :-)

Thank you for your advice!
Advert