Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-28-2009, 10:17 PM   #1
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Google analytics slowing things down

I have noticed... and I'm not sure it is has been recently or always this way... but when I am reading the forum many times the browser will sit and spin when I am waiting for it to set the page to the next unread message.

Pretty much whenever I am doing this the status bar says it is transferring data from google analytics. Did you recently start using this. It seems like at least 1 time in 5 I am seeing this pause when I move from page to page.

But, it is rather annoying and I am considering blocking that domain so my this pause won't happen.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:28 PM   #2
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Have noticed precisely the same thing since the MR shutdown. Very slow loading.
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:52 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
Have noticed precisely the same thing since the MR shutdown. Very slow loading.
Hmmm. The downtime we experienced is almost certainly not related to any slowdowns you may experience, since all that happened ever since is that we replaced a faulty hard drive in the raid with an identical new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Pretty much whenever I am doing this the status bar says it is transferring data from google analytics.
Personally I haven't experienced any problems with it, but I will look closer into this. It would help if you tell me what browsing software you're using. Thanks!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:58 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I do notice that every once in a while these anylitic sites do slow things down and blocking them certainly works to remove that.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:50 AM   #5
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I'm using Firefox, with the NoScript extension, which is set to block google-analytics.
Possibly some of them are also blocked by AdBlock.
It works fine for me, then.

Last edited by Gaurnim; 01-30-2009 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Typo
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:03 AM   #6
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Haven't noticed anything so Adblock probably takes care of Google analytics.
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:55 AM   #7
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Using internet explorer 7.0 and today Mobile Read is loading normally without the Google delay.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:38 AM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Thanks for the update. We have done two changes:

1. disable ads until we receive word from our Google contact how to remedy slow loading times.

2. load analytics asynchronously to prevent it from blocking the page from executing.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:41 AM   #9
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i am using mainly firefox but chrome today, and i experience the occasional delay (rarely), but i do notice that since these changes the site is loading lightning quick.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:38 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Thanks for the update. We have done two changes:

1. disable ads until we receive word from our Google contact how to remedy slow loading times.

2. load analytics asynchronously to prevent it from blocking the page from executing.
Performance is so much better now.

BOb
Old 01-29-2009, 05:04 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Just noticed another "stopper". One message thread I went into the browser hung on pulling something from pixel.quatserve.com. I am assuming it was a graphic or maybe someones avatar. Not sure if there is much you can do about that.

BOb
Old 02-03-2009, 10:29 AM   #12
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I think I might know the answer.

Do you see the dragons in my signature? I think that is causing the slowdown. I was just over at www.dragcave.net, and I noticed that whenever I look at one of my dragons google analytics and pixel.quantserve are both contacted.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:31 AM   #13
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Do you see the dragons in my signature? I think that is causing the slowdown. I was just over at www.dragcave.net, and I noticed that whenever I look at one of my dragons google analytics and pixel.quantserve are both contacted.
Actually I do see them now. Prior to this I was just seeing blurry fuzzy dots. Or, perhaps that is how they are supposed to work.

BOb
Old 02-03-2009, 10:34 AM   #14
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Actually I do see them now. Prior to this I was just seeing blurry fuzzy dots. Or, perhaps that is how they are supposed to work.

BOb
When they've had too many views in one day, there is an option to hide them in fog. From now on I'll just remove them, instead.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:36 AM   #15
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
When they've had too many views in one day, there is an option to hide them in fog. From now on I'll just remove them, instead.
So, what are they exactly? Sort of like neopets or tomagotchi?

BOb