Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-08-2011, 07:40 AM   #1
Markkk01
Markkk01 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 602
602 Bookland Registration

Hi, starting to get Bookland registration screen when I start-up the ereader. Tried to Add Device to Bookland (add serial no.) but I get Device Activation error and Device is not allowed for Activation !

Does this mean the device is not in Bookland database ? Should I just keep skipping registration when it comes up ?
Markkk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:02 AM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markkk01 View Post
Should I just keep skipping registration when it comes up ?
I also could not register, but for another reason (the ekyboard coming up did not include letters which are in my serial number!). I ended up registering with a computer (you first register with an e-mail and a password, then add your device serial number) - but this way there seems to be no credit added to my account, unlike what was promised.

By the way, do you have a "P" on the keybord that pops up when you try and register?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:18 AM   #3
Markkk01

Hi, I also registered via the PC But when I entered the Serial No. that's when I got the Device is not allowed Activation ! If I try to register via ereader it just asks for the Reg Code, which I won't get until I add a device which I can't do !

I get all Letters, except when asked for the Input Reg Code which only give A - F
Old 01-09-2011, 06:10 AM   #4
JP36
Enthusiast
JP36 began at the beginning.

Device: Ipaq 2200, Pocketbook IQ 701, Sony PRS350
I had the same problems registering/adding my device sent off an email and was told they had a problem which they fixed, afterwards when I tried again it worked. I guess the site/database has issues because this was earlier last week -Tuesday/Wednesday.
JP36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:53 AM   #5
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

still, if we register online I guess we kiss good bye to the discount....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markkk01 View Post
I get all Letters, except when asked for the Input Reg Code which only give A - F
my same problem - mildly conforting to know I am not crazy
Old 01-09-2011, 11:50 AM   #6
JP36
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolamanzini View Post
still, if we register online I guess we kiss good bye to the discount....
If you mean the $30 credit from bookland I got mine, don't recall if it was 'instant' or took a day or whatever to get cause I was just trying to register at the time wasn't looking to buy anything.

When I 'just' setup an account without my device I had no credit once I contacted bookland and they got back to me, then I added my device sometime later I had the credit.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:06 PM   #7
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP36 View Post
If you mean the $30 credit from bookland I got mine, don't recall if it was 'instant' or took a day or whatever to get cause I was just trying to register at the time wasn't looking to buy anything.

When I 'just' setup an account without my device I had no credit once I contacted bookland and they got back to me, then I added my device sometime later I had the credit.
I have been registered for a couple of days now, but no credit is showing - I'll send them an email, thanks for letting me know!
Old 01-09-2011, 01:01 PM   #8
JP36
Enthusiast

I don't know if 'registering' is tied to the device getting the activation code that bookland gives you so you can enter it into the device when you successfully register your device through the bookland site as the pocketbook/bookland app seems to always be running in the background.

It could be if you never turn wifi on it doesn't let bookland 'know' you activated it and that might be tied into the credit. I don't know if that is how it works just a possibility if you got registered on bookland, entered the activation code they gave you into the device and haven't been credited yet.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:18 PM   #9
paola
Wizard

Quote:
I don't know if 'registering' is tied to the device getting the activation code that bookland gives you so you can enter it into the device when you successfully register your device through the bookland site as the pocketbook/bookland app seems to always be running in the background.
oops, sorry but this is new to me - to recap, I did register on thebookland site wia my laptop, and received an activation code. From what you write, I should insert the activation code somewhere - could you please explain me where, because I am lost on this one. Thanks!

EDIT: feel so unspeakably stupid: did not realise that after registering the message on the device was asking me for the activation code, not the serial number - done it now, many thanks and karma!

Last edited by paola; 01-09-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:01 AM   #10
Markkk01

Will email Bookland and see what they say and if they can sort things out. Thanks for the info, will let you know what they say !
Old 01-10-2011, 11:19 AM   #11
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
Hi all!

Does anyone know how to claim the "bonus" that the registration process advertize?

I register my PB902, but there is no email, no redemption code, nothing...

help please!

thanks!
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:12 PM   #12
JP36
Enthusiast

There is a $30 'gift' advertised on the PB site, but no details, I ordered mine from them 12/25/10 and got a $30 credit to my bookland account. I *thought* I might have seen a condition to buy before 1/1/11 or maybe to buy from their site, but I honestly don't know what if any conditions were required to get the credit (beyond opening a bookland account/registering a PB device) and now clicking on the ad (link below) just takes you to the ordering page no information about it specifically.

http://www.pocketbook-usa.com/news/

Bookland just shows my $30 credit as 'pocketbook activation bonus'.

To 'register' you need to make an account with bookland, email address, first/last name.

Then you add your device by entering your serial number available in a 'register' icon from the home menu (at least on the IQ).

Then you should be given an activation code from bookland that you enter into your PB device, same 'register' icon this activation code has limited letters in it so you won't be shown the full alphabet when entering it.

Now I don't know if bookland waits to see if your device 'phones home' saying it has been 'activated' meaning you got your activation code and entered it into the device or not as part of any account registration or crediting for the 'gift'. I went online numerous times, trying to use the bookland app as well, with my IQ so I don't know if someone did all the above but never went online would have any issues getting the 'gift' or not. It might just credit you when you successfully enter your serial number through the 'add device' function.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:10 PM   #13
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
Well: I did all that and I did not find any credit whatosever on my account, nor receive a notification via email about it. You are lucky that you see those 30 bucks credit on your account.

Bookland $30 gift for me was a lie....

and I been trying contacting them via email and NO RESPONSE!

Quote:
There is a $30 'gift' advertised on the PB site, but no details, I ordered mine from them 12/25/10 and got a $30 credit to my bookland account. I *thought* I might have seen a condition to buy before 1/1/11 or maybe to buy from their site, but I honestly don't know what if any conditions were required to get the credit (beyond opening a bookland account/registering a PB device) and now clicking on the ad (link below) just takes you to the ordering page no information about it specifically.

http://www.pocketbook-usa.com/news/

Bookland just shows my $30 credit as 'pocketbook activation bonus'.

To 'register' you need to make an account with bookland, email address, first/last name.

Then you add your device by entering your serial number available in a 'register' icon from the home menu (at least on the IQ).

Then you should be given an activation code from bookland that you enter into your PB device, same 'register' icon this activation code has limited letters in it so you won't be shown the full alphabet when entering it.

Now I don't know if bookland waits to see if your device 'phones home' saying it has been 'activated' meaning you got your activation code and entered it into the device or not as part of any account registration or crediting for the 'gift'. I went online numerous times, trying to use the bookland app as well, with my IQ so I don't know if someone did all the above but never went online would have any issues getting the 'gift' or not. It might just credit you when you successfully enter your serial number through the 'add device' function.
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:55 AM   #14
paola
Wizard

[QUOTE=skydive;1329829]Well: I did all that and I did not find any credit whatosever on my account, nor receive a notification via email about it. You are lucky that you see those 30 bucks credit on your account.

Bookland $30 gift for me was a lie....

and I been trying contacting them via email and NO RESPONSE![/QUOTE

exactly same story here
Old 01-14-2011, 07:32 AM   #15
Markkk01

Finally managed to get my device registered !

Nothing about a $30 credit in the account though !

Once registered the Registration Screen still keeps coming up. Anyone have any ideas on how to stop it ? Registration Icon also still appears on Main Screen !