Notices

Old 09-02-2010, 02:04 PM   #1
cozworth
gadget crazy
cozworth began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505/900
Update to Sony Library - am I crazy?

Hello Everyone:

I have a PRS 900 and 505. I download most of my books directly to my 900 then every couple of weeks I will go to the Sony Books Store with my computer and re-download the books to the Sony Library. Then I update my 505 with this data.

I was planning on doing this last night but when I took the update to the Sony Library software it seems like I no longer have the ability to move my books around within my collections the way I used to.

Previously, I could move them into any order I wanted - to satisfy my anal retentive need to keep books from the same story line together.

After the update this doesn't seem to be working.

I should admit that I really didn't have time to REALLY make sure what was going on last night. It was late, I was tired, I could be loosing my mind, etc...

Has anyone else taken the upgrade? Did you have a similar problem?

Thanks, Cozworth
cozworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #2
trevgriff
Zealot
trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini - Main Reader (iPad 3 backup, iPhone 4s back to my backup)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozworth View Post
Hello Everyone:

I have a PRS 900 and 505. I download most of my books directly to my 900 then every couple of weeks I will go to the Sony Books Store with my computer and re-download the books to the Sony Library. Then I update my 505 with this data.

I was planning on doing this last night but when I took the update to the Sony Library software it seems like I no longer have the ability to move my books around within my collections the way I used to.

Previously, I could move them into any order I wanted - to satisfy my anal retentive need to keep books from the same story line together.

After the update this doesn't seem to be working.

I should admit that I really didn't have time to REALLY make sure what was going on last night. It was late, I was tired, I could be loosing my mind, etc...

Has anyone else taken the upgrade? Did you have a similar problem?

Thanks, Cozworth
I have the latest 3.3 software on my laptop and have no issues shuffling the order of books in any of my collections. FYI it seems as though the slowness of 3.2 is gone in 3.3 .
trevgriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 04:03 PM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Sony hardware = good. Sony library software = sux. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote