Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 08-27-2010, 08:58 PM   #1
sceadugenga
Connoisseur
sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Frustration Again

After sorting out the connection I loaded up about 50 books onto the reader.
I then left things for a few days while I read a hard copy book then last night settled down with the reader.
No books.
I plugged it in and looked at the files. There they were.
Unplugged it, gone again.
It can't be accessed through books or menu.
The My Library link doesn't seem to work.
I've plugged it in again and dragged the book I want to read onto the SD card so I can read it.

sceadugenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:54 PM   #2
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Bugger, sceadugenga, that must be a pain.

When you connect your device to your PC, and look at the ebook files, are they in the "book" folder, or somewhere else?

(For whatever it's worth, mine are all in the "book" folder, where I've created subfolders for author and sometimes within those subfolders again for specific series of books, and they all show up correctly on the normal menu, even the books that are two layers down in sub-subfolders. How are yours arranged?)
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2010, 08:03 PM   #3
sceadugenga
Connoisseur
sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Some of the books have been sent to me by friends and I suspect that they may not be from "respectable" ebook sites. Would that make a difference?
They all seem to be in Word format now. I've never really worked this format thing out.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:43 PM   #4
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, Word format - do you mean they're .DOC files, or are they .RTF?

If a file is in a format the Story doesn't support, you don't get an error - it simply doesn't show up on the menu.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:45 AM   #5
sceadugenga
Connoisseur

But they would not show up at all, I still wouldn't be able to read them from the SD card.
Would I?
Advert
Old 08-29-2010, 05:06 AM   #6
MacEachaidh
Browser

You're right, of course. Sorry.

So, what format are they? Where did you originally loaded them in the folder structure on your device?
Old 08-29-2010, 11:20 AM   #7
sceadugenga
Connoisseur

The sceadugenga of very little brain has found them, they were in "my folder".
I thought I put them in books or library.
I'm doing well tonight, I downloaded a book in ePub format, panicked when it wouldn't open in Word, then used Calibre to open it.
Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:32 AM   #8
MacEachaidh
Browser

Hooray! Huzzah!! Happy endings are good things!