Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-18-2010, 09:33 AM   #1
edlauzon
edlauzon will become famous soon enoughedlauzon will become famous soon enoughedlauzon will become famous soon enoughedlauzon will become famous soon enoughedlauzon will become famous soon enoughedlauzon will become famous soon enough

Device: kobo
Advice: protecting the ereader

Last week, I had to buy a new one because I had somehow broken the substrate.

I noticed that the reader had slipped out of its cover a number of times over the past few weeks and had taken some bounces. It is attached by only 2 plastic tabs which loosen over time.

For the new reader, I attached some double-edged tape to fasten the back of the reader to the cover. It will now take a pretty good yank to drop off. An additional benefit is that it makes it easier to handle with a more solid and "book-like" feel.
edlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:48 PM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
You might want to look into the M-Edge Executive cover. I have one for my 505, and I've become a bit of an evangelist for the covers because I like mine so much. It holds the reader with little straps at the corners. They're certainly not as cheap as some double-sticky tape, but if you want a book-like feel, those wonderful leather covers will do it.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert