Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-25-2010, 10:41 PM   #1
tajreed
Enthusiast
tajreed began at the beginning.

Device: none
ADE to KOBO reader

ADE installed under linux (Ubuntu) does not recognize the KOBO reader. How can I fix this?

The reader needs to be authorized for ADE. How can I do this?

Thanks
tajreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:55 PM   #2
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Not many have installed ADE using Wine and Linux, but I seem to recall that the reader needs to be plugged in before starting ADE - or maybe the other way around. Have you tried both ways?

Once it's recognized, I think it will ask if you want to authorize it. -- Good Luck
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2010, 09:05 AM   #3
tajreed
Enthusiast
tajreed began at the beginning.

Device: none
ADE to reader

Tried both ways, no luck.
tajreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:59 PM   #4
deepfry
deepfry began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Same here, I just got my Kobo a couple of days ago and it came preloaded with v1.4 firmware. And try as I might, ADE on Ubuntu Lucid (10.04) will not see it - no matter whether the Kobo is plugged in and recognized either before or after ADE is loaded via Wine.

It was recognized with no problem on another machine with Windows 7 (and authorized). And strangely enough I was able to manually copy and paste an ADE authorized pdf from my linux box to the Kobo and it read fine, I would just like for it to actually show up in ADE.... I have checked the manifest.xml file and there is no reference to a rogue de:deviceID set of tags, and WINE does see the Kobo Reader, just not ADE.

Any suggestions? I really don't want to have to go back to Windows, but there are still a few rough edges on Linux that this would be the proverbial straw, unfortunately.
deepfry is offline   Reply With Quote