Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-19-2015, 06:16 AM   #1
belkis99
belkis99 began at the beginning.

Device: Energysistem Ereader Pro
Energy Sistem Pro is hanging

Hi

My Energy Sistem pro (7 months old) is hanging.
I have firmware 3.0 installed and rooted the device 7 months ago. Also installed a couple of apps at that time, but I never used them.
In fact all I do with the ereader is reading epubs and sometimes a mobi or pdf with the standard readers.
Never had any problems until a couple of days ago.

It started when the ereader was in standby mode, and I "woke" it up. The page (of an epub book) I was reading was showing but hanging. I could not turn the page. After trying several things, holding on/off button (sometimes veryyy long), pushing the reset button (sometimes in combination with refresh and/or on/off), connecting the ereader to the pc, connecting the ereader to the wall plug, taking out the micro sd card etc, the ereader restarted suddenly after 30 minutes.

That same day it happened again, the screen was hanging, this time while I was reading. Tried everything again and the ereader restarted after about an hour... I have no idea what made it restart.

Yesterday it happened three times. Once while reading and two times while waking it up. Once the letters on the screen looked a bit scrambled, but two times the screen was perfectly readable showing the last page. Restarting took anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours...

Yesterday evening, after reading for about two hours, without problems, I put the ereader in standby mode while the backlight was on. This morning when I woke the ereader, the backlight flashed several times, and the page I was reading appeared, but is hanging.

That is the situation right now. After three hours and my usual tricks to try to reset the ereader, nothing has happened.

For your information: the ereader when it happened the first time was nearly fully charged. The ereader was hanging while reading different books. When I connect the hanging ereader to the pc, the ereader is not recognized, but the charging light switches on. When the ereader restarts after hanging, it's showing the home page. And the pc recognizes the ereader again, and I can transfer books, use calibre etc. The ereader never fell on the ground, I never sat on it, I didn't spoil coffee on it etc.

What could be wrong? If the device's software is hanging in a loop, the reset button should at least still work?! Any suggestions would be very welcome. Anyway, if the ereader restarts today, I plan to install firmware 4.0. Maybe that will help...

The problem with contacting Energy Sistems, is that they will probably ask me to send the device to them, and I will be without ereader for several weeks or months. And I don't like reading on a tablet for more than 15 minutes.

Sorry if my english is a bit clumsy, I am not a native speaker.
belkis99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 12:16 PM   #2
belkis99

Just a quick update. After about 4 hours the ereader PRO woke up, after I pushed the power button for something like 5 minutes. I managed to install FW 4, and since then I have not experienced any problems,and it looks like the response time of the device is now much better.
Advert
Old 10-19-2015, 12:24 PM   #3
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Did you do a factory reset (via settings). Cave, the data partition might become reformated, so backup what you need. Why not firmware version 5, it has a better battery management.
I can't check anything on my device, since it is shipped to the manufacturer for repair due to some clacking noises.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 12:36 PM   #4
belkis99

Yes I did a factory reset before upgrading to FW4.
Where can I download FW5? I can't find it on the Energysistem website.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:04 PM   #5
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by belkis99 View Post
Where can I download FW5? I can't find it on the Energysistem website.
OTA (over the air). After WLAN established go to system and something like check for update. Update will be downloaded and installed.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert