Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-01-2012, 09:19 PM   #1
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
Can it show recently opened books?

Hi all /wave

I'm considering buying a Nook Simple Touch Glow.

I currently own a PocktBook 360. One of its features I enjoy a lot is that it will show you the last 10 books you have opened.

I use this feature to as a "what to read next" selection. IE - I open up 10 books that I want to read next to keep track of them with this feature.

Its also nice because im reading through the Bible and this allows me to read a bit, the swap over to another book and read, then swap back and continue were I left off.

Does the NST offer any thing similar?

Thank you.
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #2
pwnn
Enthusiast
pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Nook Touch
Yes. The NST organizes books by author by title, author and most recent. "Most recent" lists when books were added to the device, but opening a book moves it to the top of the list so any books opened recently will move to the top.

You can also also organize by shelves but with a lot of books it can be time consuming.
pwnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2012, 12:58 AM   #3
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
Great !

Thank you very much.

I think with that feature and the fact that you can organize your books using a directory structure ( I prefer to organize by author last name, then series / other books ) this will be a good upgrade / replacement for my ageing PB360.

Are there any features you find neat or suggest I look into for it that a new person should check out right away?

Thank you again ...
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #4
pwnn
Enthusiast
pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Nook Touch
If you load books directly from Calibre there will be folders sorted by Authors last name. In the Library (accessed easily by the home button) there's a choice of "All "Books" "Shelves" My Files". You'll find this under:

My Files -> My Files Folder ->Books folder (same with main Nook or added card)

You can also just do a search for a book title or author with the Search Function - accessed by the Nook home button.

Because I drag around so many books and different authors I like to sort my books by genre. (This doesn't affect the other sorting options of "Author" "Title" "Most Recent" the Nook offers.) I tag my books on Calibre but The Nook can't read tags unless it's rooted. So instead of sending my books to the Nook via "Send To Device" I created folders by genre on my Nook (and the card) under the Books Folder and sent the books by genre choosing "Save To Disk" and "Save Only To Single Directory " The big drawback is not having the convenience of sorting by multiple tags since some books cross genres.

In the directory that's

Nook -> MyFiles -> Books ->

I created sub folders "Mysteries", "Historical Fiction", "Fantasy" etc

If you don't use Calibre you can just move files into these sub directories using your computer's file system.
pwnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:14 PM   #5
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
pwnn, I created custom columns in calibre for genre & sub-genre. Then I customized the plug-in for the Nook Device Interface so that when the books are transferred via Send to Device the Save Template used for example is {#nookgenre}/{#nooksubgenre}/{title}. So basically calibre is auto-creating all of the folders for you using the info in your library. It save a lot of time!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert