Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-13-2014, 09:18 AM   #871
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldwin View Post
i have a paperwhite 2 on 5.4.3.2

do i just follow to steps on the first page? is it compatible? and can someone confirm if the kindle collection hack also works on this firmware version?
1) Yes.
2) Read the thread title.
3) This is not the collections thread, read the thread title.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:39 PM   #872
runebune
runebune began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle White Paper 2
Kindle PW2 not listed

Hi I'm new to this forum.
I'm reading the OP and the FAQ says that the PW2 must be listed in the SN wiki which my Kindle Paper White 2 is not. The info on it is here:

Kindle PaperWhite 2 (2013) 3G + WiFi (Europe)

Shipped to: Denmark (DK)
S/N Prefix: 90D8
Firmware: 5.4.2.1 (2187320002)

Do you need any other info?

And with this information I would of course know if any of you have information about compatibility with the jailbreak in the OP
runebune is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2014, 12:52 PM   #873
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, the jailbreak attached to the first post will work.
It is not a "Kindle Package" (it couldn't be, that would require that the jb be on the device to install the jb).

- - - -

All the other things here, which are "Kindle Packages" may need to be updated for this model number (90D8) of the kindles.
That is easy to tell, the "Update Your Kindle" button will be grayed out with any package that does not recognize your model number.

(Our packages are both signed and "model locked", same as Amazons.)

Last edited by knc1; 05-13-2014 at 12:54 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:56 PM   #874
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@runebune: It is listed, and thus supported .

Although last we heard, those were shipped to Russia. Where did you order it from?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:03 PM   #875
runebune

haha ninja edit on https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
anyway, I got mine from Amazon.com which shiped it from Philadelphia, PA, United States if I look at the UPS tracking.
Advert
Old 05-13-2014, 01:17 PM   #876
runebune

update error :(

when i run the "Update Your Kindle" it prompts me to continue (press yes), then the screen went dark (black'ish) and a few seconds later then the splash an "Update Error 007" screen and reboots.
And yes I have check the files and tried several times now with no luck.
The file Update_jailbreak_bridge_1.10.N_install.bin is gone

Last edited by runebune; 05-13-2014 at 01:38 PM. Reason: adding image
Old 05-13-2014, 02:34 PM   #877
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@runebune: Yup, but we don't actually care about the first two characters, so, yep, it was there ;p.

As for the error, you're doing it wrong. Check the first post again, you don't care about the bridge, you care about the content of the kindle-5.4-jailbreak.zip archive.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:40 PM   #878
runebune

sorry, my bad, worked
Old 05-13-2014, 02:55 PM   #879
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by runebune View Post
sorry, my bad, worked
A good thing.
That message to contact www.kindle.com/support would not have been much help.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:30 PM   #880
tbjoe
tbjoe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hey guys,

just followed the instructions from the first post. Unzip the content of the kindle-jailbreak-1.10.N.zip to the root of kindle (where the folder "documents" and ".active_content_sandbox" is).
Then ejected and pulled the USB cable. Updated. It says update failed and I should press the on/off button (didn't do it). It restarted autmatically then and was like it was before. Never the word "Jailbreak" appeared anywhere on the screen.

Do you have any idea what could have gone wrong?
tbjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:36 PM   #881
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@tbjoe: Yup. Wrong zip file. Unpack kindle-5.4-jailbreak.zip, which is inside the kindle-jailbreak archive (think Matryoshka dolls ).
Old 05-13-2014, 04:39 PM   #882
tbjoe
tbjoe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Oh, that makes me look stupid now. I should read more carefully, thank you
tbjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:03 PM   #883
user743
Addict
user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kindle PW2 special offers removed by Amazon for FREE
Do i need to uninstall the jailbreak and all hacks before doing a factory reset?

Last edited by user743; 05-23-2014 at 01:43 PM.
user743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:23 PM   #884
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by user743 View Post
do i need to uninstall the jailbreak and all hacks before doing a factory reset?
What is your final goal?
I mean, like what do you expect (or desire) after doing the factory reset?

- - - -

Doing a "factory reset" will most likely just damage your add-ins.
Exactly what will happen depends on the model and firmware version.

- - - -

One possible answer to a "fuzzy" question: No.
Our changes will not prevent the "factory reset" from doing whatever it is going to do.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:41 PM   #885
user743
Addict
user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kindle PW2 special offers removed by Amazon for FREE
yes i still want the jailbreak.
i originally had FW 5.4.2.1 and got a automatic update to 5.4.3.2
I wanted to know if if it will cause any problems and if i will need to reinstall everything.

sorry for not being clear before.
user743 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch