Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-31-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
relaxpor
relaxpor began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Touch
kindle and White Margin on PDF Files?

is there anyway to remove the white margin while displaying PDF files?

i have seen KOBO readers, there is no any margin on the screen while displaying PDF and that's great. since the text will have a bit larger from the larger available space. (see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=35Wk39I1h20)

Please advise.

Thanks.
relaxpor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
Germanc
Germanc is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Keyboard
You can crop it beforehand (using briss for example). But if you're willing to jailbreak the kindle (which is pretty easy), I'll recommend you an alternative pdf viewer (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157047) which can crop the white margin and set custom zooms, and even read multi column pdf. Also, you can try duokan, which is an alternative OS for the kindle
Germanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2012, 03:18 AM   #3
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
So far, for the native reader, I haven't found anyway to remove those annoying margins, even though I cropped my pdf files with briss.
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:09 AM   #4
Zema
Zema began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanc View Post
You can crop it beforehand (using briss for example). But if you're willing to jailbreak the kindle (which is pretty easy), I'll recommend you an alternative pdf viewer (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157047) which can crop the white margin and set custom zooms, and even read multi column pdf. Also, you can try duokan, which is an alternative OS for the kindle
Unfortunately, your advise does not work for Kindle Touch. There is no success in removing white margins for KT.
Zema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:16 AM   #5
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zema View Post
Unfortunately, your advise does not work for Kindle Touch. There is no success in removing white margins for KT.
just double tap on it
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2012, 07:51 AM   #6
Zema

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
just double tap on it
I'm not satisfied with this zooming solution, navigation does not work correctly, page refreshes a few times. As for me this feature is useless.
All I need is showing full page in width without any decorations such as borders and scrolling.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:11 AM   #7
phoeagon
Enthusiast
phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

since you only need to cut the margins once for each book, why not do it on a computer with briss?
phoeagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #8
Zema

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoeagon View Post
since you only need to cut the margins once for each book, why not do it on a computer with briss?
Kindle adds its own margins that can not be removed by briss. So we are still loosing place.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #9
shokocham
shokocham began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Yes. I think that on 'fit-to-screen' mode, the kindle fits a whole page to the screen. If the page is narrow (like after you cropped it.. or even before), kindle will add side-margins.
I think that otherwise, kindle generally crops margins automatically.
shokocham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #10
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
For KT, see this post.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote