Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-25-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
apaximander
apaximander began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
New Kindle Non-Touch - Case Issue?

Hello! I just got a new Kindle Non-Touch (what people are calling 'Kindle 4', I guess?), and I'm a little bit concerned about the build quality. The back part of the Kindle, the part made of a paler grey plastic, is strangely loose. If I've been holding the Kindle for a while, turning it over or setting it down will cause a part of the plastic back to 'pop' quite noticabely as it flexes - this happens almost every time I pick it up or put it down. I can also quite easily slide my fingernail underneath a section of the back of the Kindle, close to where the usb port is situated.

Is this normal? It seems like it would be a fairly bad design flaw if so (particularly if it gets more loose...), but I haven't come across anyone else reporting the same issue.
apaximander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 06:13 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I suggest you exchange it. What you are describing doesn't sound normal.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by apaximander View Post
Hello! I just got a new Kindle Non-Touch (what people are calling 'Kindle 4', I guess?), and I'm a little bit concerned about the build quality. The back part of the Kindle, the part made of a paler grey plastic, is strangely loose. If I've been holding the Kindle for a while, turning it over or setting it down will cause a part of the plastic back to 'pop' quite noticabely as it flexes - this happens almost every time I pick it up or put it down. I can also quite easily slide my fingernail underneath a section of the back of the Kindle, close to where the usb port is situated.

Is this normal? It seems like it would be a fairly bad design flaw if so (particularly if it gets more loose...), but I haven't come across anyone else reporting the same issue.
Exchange it, sounds like a manufacturing issue on that one.
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:14 PM   #4
Tarr
Tarr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
I just discovered this myself on mine (it's a Touch so it isn't just NT) I also noticed an 'hot electronics' smell. I didn't see smoke and it still works fine and the smell could be normal but the Kindle had not been on or plugged in to charge so I'm not sure why it would. Definitely gonna get it swapped.
Tarr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build quality, hardware, kindle 4, troubleshooting