Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-29-2013, 08:01 AM   #1246
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaytsev View Post
Yeah, I would gladly trade my M92 for a reader with 12'' or 13'' screen.
Me too. Better said, I would keep M92 (as portable device) and add a bigger one for mainly in office reading.

Would be good if it accepts not only precise pen for scribling, but also fingers for user interface. And more RAM and more processor power. I prefer having fast response to charging once a week/fortnight. I mean to shift the processor power con. battery life more towards to processor power than now.

To have real paper-document like experience needs rather faster responses.

I do not say M92 is slow, but I see that I still sometimes prefer to print on paper instead to pdf and use M92. The reason is - paper is faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Read&Write View Post
The M92 serves mainly customers who use it as a tool. If they "split" the market further by offering a 13" screen model, the quantity of produced M92 and the bigger device will be lower then the quantity of M92s prduced nowadays. In the end, that might prove risky for the producer since the lower the quantity produced, the higher the cost per unit produced.
This is true, unless they make bulk contract with one or more big universities or "national research bodies". Or local or global government, law people, ... The market for A4 or near A4 e-ink is so enormous that is would "eat" tens of millions of units if the device is mature (fast and easy to use, decent battery life and decent fragility, possibility to attach keyboard and as bonus ability to serve as external monitor)

Once in my dream, I saw it like something flexible, that may be rolled or folded, so that one may have A4 or more, but it becomes small and light for transport. But this is probably few years, decade ahead.

Now, we may expect small, but important improvements in firmware in near future. The last mile to perfection is the most difficult and may be quite demanding. We cannot thank suffitiently to Booxstor and Onyx for their work and we should keep the fingers crossed for them to succede. Maybe it does not look like that (if one looks on bug & wish list), but the goal is quite close.

Last edited by Mono; 01-29-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:44 AM   #1247
kuldeep77
kuldeep77 began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox m92
Unhappy boox m92 not available

@ Booxtor

On 25 Jan 2013 I placed order for boox m92 and your site said "backordered. Available in 3-4 days." After five days also the status is same. Could you please tell when the m92 will be available?

Last edited by kuldeep77; 01-30-2013 at 09:46 AM.
kuldeep77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #1248
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuldeep77 View Post
@ Booxtor

On 25 Jan 2013 I placed order for boox m92 and your site said "backordered. Available in 3-4 days." After five days also the status is same. Could you please tell when the m92 will be available?
Please, don't post the same message everywhere. This thread is only for the firmware.

For this type of case, Booxtor said to use the "contact form" on https://ereader-store.de/en/contact-us.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:21 AM   #1249
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Device: M92
Working on cloud services, but we don't yet have a useful toolbar? Incredible bad news.
Defenderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #1250
GOODMAN
GOODMAN can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterGOODMAN can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterGOODMAN can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterGOODMAN can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterGOODMAN can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterGOODMAN can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterGOODMAN can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterGOODMAN can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterGOODMAN can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterGOODMAN can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterGOODMAN can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: onyx m92
REQUEST FOR ICONS IN PDF READER

DEAR BOOXTER

UR NEW PDF READER IS EXCELLENT.
only one change I expect from u.

in the annotation icons set, kindly delete unnecessary icons and add the following 2:
> -for next page/move down
< - for previous page/move up

I thing the zooming icons are of waste.

make the reader little bid swift or otherwise introduce faster hardware

thank u
GOODMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2013, 12:30 PM   #1251
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOODMAN View Post
DEAR BOOXTER

UR NEW PDF READER IS EXCELLENT.
only one change I expect from u.

in the annotation icons set, kindly delete unnecessary icons and add the following 2:

make the reader little bid swift or otherwise introduce faster hardware

thank u
+1 to the suggestion
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:56 AM   #1252
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I use the PAD with the option "key mapping", it's faster than to use the stylus.

Quote:
thank u
I use this icons, it's faster than to go in the main menu.

Last edited by Randy11; 01-31-2013 at 07:36 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:16 AM   #1253
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Still the same song. Someone prefers certain buttons on toolbar, someone different ones....

The only solution is configurable or dynamical, self learning, toolbar.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:40 AM   #1254
Randy11
Wizard

Yes, it's true.

It's difficult for Booxtor and the developpers to know what to do ! But, I happy to have all this options, it's better than to have only one solution. This isn't the most important things to improve for the moment.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:45 AM   #1255
GOODMAN
GOODMAN can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterGOODMAN can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterGOODMAN can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterGOODMAN can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterGOODMAN can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterGOODMAN can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterGOODMAN can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterGOODMAN can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterGOODMAN can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterGOODMAN can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterGOODMAN can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: onyx m92
JUST THINK OVER RANDY11

CHANGING THE PAGE IS FUNCTION OF NECESSITY.
For quick changing of page or to move down in a page - hard button may be convenient.
but the hard button soon lost its funtion if u use frequently.

the softbutton or icon is best for frequent using and it is long lasting. this is what all other eink devices like kindle are doing.

so, having page turn icon in annotation bar is a very wise move.
GOODMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:09 AM   #1256
Randy11
Wizard

It's an argument for the icon.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:38 AM   #1257
Lode
Zealot
Lode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the rough

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White, Max Carta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
Hard to guess. The firmware is no question much better now after a year of development (I have M92 slightly more than a year). There is and always was many complaints/wishes/suggestions, so do not panic. There is not anything wrong with current firmware. (Or better said, it is not by any means worse than what you already have. The only missing thing is numeric battery meter, which was not very precise anyway...)

If you are not in hurry, possibly wait a while until new release comes, so that you will not have to install firmware and 2 patches for pdf reader. I expect next release will put everything in one box. Would be less work for you...

On the other side, if you are happy with what you already have, then no need for update.

If you do not like current firmware, you may downgrade to what you have. Just take note what firmware you have (number and release date).
Thank you.
Downgrading would be difficult, as I still have the original firmware the M92 came out with...

But the idea of waiting until a "service pack" comes out might be good.
Lode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:44 AM   #1258
Lode
Zealot
Lode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenderland View Post
Lode,
if you are mostly reading PDFs you definitely want the latest firmware and PDF-reader. The new margin-functionality alone is worth the upgrade.
Thank you too.
I guess I'll wait a bit to get a possible "all in one pack" upgrade in which all previous bugs that might have been there have been fixed.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:31 PM   #1259
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Regarding the page turn icons.
I will be happy if it can be done with sweeping the stylus. At the moment, sweeping moves the viewport incorrectly in most of the settings.

Or we can reduce the length of bar at the bottom and place previous page,next page (< and > ) icons.
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:00 AM   #1260
Lode
Zealot

I've always liked the idea of having a full sized A4 screen, and would have bought that if it were available.

Think about it: it would for quite some time probably be the only device on the market that offers that... which immediately would draw worldwide e-reader news attention. Lots of people like something "special" and would prefer it if they could afford it. In a way -if it were fast too- this would be a combination of the Rolls Royce and the Bugatti Veyron of the e-readers. And how many people would not buy that if if were priced as a Volkwagen?

Bigger size only means a few pennies more for materials which are dirt cheap...

In the mean time I'm happy with my M92, even with the original firmware.