Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-14-2015, 06:12 AM   #1021
Hoods7070
Groupie
Hoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notes

Device: Nexus 7"
Quote:
Your use case is not the only one that exists. It may be that the proper approach is to add "delete encryption.xml if present" to the "remove embedded fonts" routine, no checkbox required.
Yes, that's one way to do it. Or just have that one check box saying "Remove embedded fonts AND/OR any encryption.xml files" so that either or both, if extant, will be removed.

Quote:
Quality Check PI may need a new Check EPUB Style 'Test' for this file as a companion utility
That too. Although (as I said somewhere above) I did isolate the ebooks with xml files easily enough using Quality Check "search in html", searching on code. Certainly doable, but quite a lengthy check through a large library.

I just thought it'd be nice to get rid of it all in one go when I insert my jackets and do all the other Modify ePub stuff I do to every ebook I add as a matter of course. Up to Grant, now....
Hoods7070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:39 AM   #1022
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can Modify ePub be modified so these silly ePub 3 ePub that the publishers are releasing can be modified to be ePub 2?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2015, 11:22 AM   #1023
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can Modify ePub be modified so these silly ePub 3 ePub that the publishers are releasing can be modified to be ePub 2?
No. The majority of them are backwards-compatible; deal with it.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 06:06 PM   #1024
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
No. The majority of them are backwards-compatible; deal with it.
I know they are backwards compatible, but they get screwed up if edited in Sigil.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:19 AM   #1025
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I know they are backwards compatible, but they get screwed up if edited in Sigil.
That's not my problem. Talk to the Sigil folls about why their software can't cope with the current standard. Even better, try using the Calibre editor that does handle EPUB 3 correctly. (Well, aside from throwing a few spurious warnings - but it doesn't break anything.)
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2016, 04:03 AM   #1026
senhal
Connoisseur
senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle NT
Thanks for the very useful plugin!

I've got a request regarding the "update metadata" function. I'd like the plugin to remove the metadata related to the custom columns removed from calibre library.
(I can delete the non dc meta and then update them, but there are some non dc metadata and comments I'd like to keep.)
Is it possible?
Thanks anyway!
senhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 12:07 PM   #1027
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
That is a good idea and I added an option to keep three pieces of non dc: metadata
  • <meta name=cover content="mycover"/>
  • <meta name="calibre:series" content="Some Series">
  • <meta name="calibre:series_index" content="some_series_number">

What does everyone think?
Is there anything else people will usually want to keep?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Modify ePub-v1.3.14.zip (266.3 KB, 185 views)
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 12:19 PM   #1028
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Personally, I think the removal of the entries like
Code:
<dc:contributor opf:role="bkp">calibre (2.51.0) [http://calibre-ebook.com]</dc:contributor>
<meta content="0.9.3" name="Sigil version"/>
is not within the spirit of Open Source Software usage

Credit, where credit is due
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 12:23 PM   #1029
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Personally, I don't think that matters.
The option is available for the sake of pruning unneeded info -- those aren't needed.
Whether the option "should" be available is irrelevant, and highly subjective anyway.

The cover and series info OTOH is needed, or at least serves a common utility.

P.S. dc:contributor IS a DC element.

Last edited by eschwartz; 02-17-2016 at 12:25 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 02:13 PM   #1030
senhal
Connoisseur
senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
That is a good idea and I added an option to keep three pieces of non dc: metadata

That's great, thanks!
I'm using also comments inside the opf file, like this:
Code:
<!--bla bla bla-->
But I understand this is a very personal thing...
senhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 03:34 PM   #1031
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by senhal View Post
Thanks for the very useful plugin!

I've got a request regarding the "update metadata" function. I'd like the plugin to remove the metadata related to the custom columns removed from calibre library.
(I can delete the non dc meta and then update them, but there are some non dc metadata and comments I'd like to keep.)
Is it possible?
Thanks anyway!
@senhal - maybe irrelevant now but, I think you could have gotten what you wanted (removal of 'old' custom columns), if you had ran the PI with Remove non dc: metadata elements checked and all others unchecked, and then ran it again Update metadata checked and all others unchecked.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 04:40 PM   #1032
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post

Personally, I want no Calibre metadata other than the version used (for a conversion). So those two Calibre columns I would want deleted. If I've used Sigil to edit the ePub, I want to keep the Sigil version metadata.
Old 02-17-2016, 04:42 PM   #1033
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

One way to do is it to list all the non DC metadata with check boxes and we can decide what we want or not.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:13 PM   #1034
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Strip Spans not working

For reasons best known to MS, in Word 2010 they decided they'd handle bookmarks as links - a'la references, endnotes and index entries.

As a consequence calibre conversion drops <span id="bookmark"> and <span> tags into the html - sample attached. BTW calibre is not the only software effected, many in-house bespoke applications were similarly effected. Response from MS was a typical shrug.

So my question is, can Modify be adjusted to remove these unreferenced spans.

BR
Attached Files
File Type: epub document.epub (2.9 KB, 200 views)
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:39 PM   #1035
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
For reasons best known to MS, in Word 2010 they decided they'd handle bookmarks as links - a'la references, endnotes and index entries.

As a consequence calibre conversion drops <span id="bookmark"> and <span> tags into the html - sample attached. BTW calibre is not the only software effected, many in-house bespoke applications were similarly effected. Response from MS was a typical shrug.

So my question is, can Modify be adjusted to remove these unreferenced spans.

BR
The Toolbag PI treats those as Naked spans (ignores id= part)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
modify epub