Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-12-2011, 08:42 AM   #46
fgruber
Edge User

I just had some journals where the last page was empty.
When I tried to import the journal it crashed. I when to the edge remove the empty page and tried again and it worked.

I will try with the new version and let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LutzS View Post
Very true indeed, and easily rectified (v0.5.1): http://edgesync.codeplex.com/
Probably needs some work to make it look nices, but it does its job

Hmmm: it should not do that, can you give me more details?

Old 04-13-2011, 09:41 AM   #47
paula-t
Edge User

I just wanted to thank LutzS for his great work. I will try the app today, but regardless of that I grant him (her?) my full preliminay appreciation. You rock!

Advert
Old 04-19-2011, 07:06 PM   #48
AguaKate
Edge User

This looks amazing! Unfortunately I can't seem to get it to work for me. Each time I try to sync a journal it gives me an error reading: "Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click continue... Exception from HRESULT: 8x80042001

I'm not sure if I'm missing something... If you like I can also post the details outlined in the error notification!

Old 04-19-2011, 07:30 PM   #49
fgruber
Edge User

Are you using Onenote 2007?
if not make sure you convert the notebook where you want to import the journal to version 2007.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaKate View Post
This looks amazing! Unfortunately I can't seem to get it to work for me. Each time I try to sync a journal it gives me an error reading: "Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click continue... Exception from HRESULT: 8x80042001

I'm not sure if I'm missing something... If you like I can also post the details outlined in the error notification!

Old 04-19-2011, 07:42 PM   #50
LutzS
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaKate View Post
"Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click continue... Exception from HRESULT: 8x80042001
Hmm 8x80042001 means that my XML is wrong in some place, not that it's the "wrong" OneNote version So could you send me the details, when that's happening.
I won't be able to check it out before the weekend though, as I'm currently on travel (hope you forgive me )

With my last update I introduced so many additional conversions, that my coherency checks may not be correct everywhere. I could also reproduce fgruber's problem by now

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgruber View Post
I just had some journals where the last page was empty.
When I tried to import the journal it crashed. I when to the edge remove the empty page and tried again and it worked.
Oh, and paula-t: male, but in forums I certainly don't mind either way (in my private life it depends on the circumstances )

Advert
Old 04-19-2011, 08:42 PM   #51
AguaKate
Edge User

Thanks for checking this out LutzS! This really is a sweet program. I'm sure it's going to be a life-saver!
Happy travels!

Here are the details...
This happens every time I've tried to sync an edge journal, whether it was one I exported from the device or whether it found them on the device via micro-USB link-up.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

[Error contents removed]

Last edited by AguaKate; 04-25-2011 at 02:27 PM.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:14 PM   #52
LutzS
Edge User

Hmmm, thanks for that - unfortunately, this just confirms that it is an XML exception, so at least I know where it's located
I'll upload a debug version at the weekend which provides more information - however, if you got the time, could you please quickly try whether that occurs for any type of destination? I.e. could you set up a new journal with only one page and some sketch or something on that (fgruber noticed that empty pages may crash), remove all other partnerships and set up a sync with (1) a OneNote page, (2) a OneNote section and (3) a notebook - maybe that will help getting at the bottom of it.

Old 04-22-2011, 03:28 PM   #53
AguaKate
Edge User

Unfortunately I can't try all of the tests at the moment, since I'm away from my office computer and am on a laptop running office 2003 But, I did try quite a few things before uploading the problem here, so maybe some of that info will help! Also, I have to admit that I am a total OneNote novice. I only took an interest in OneNote because of your program!

So, the first time I tried to use it I exported the file from the edge in its native format, and transfered it to the computer via USB. Then I linked up the Edge with the mini-USB directly to the computer and tried to sync each of my journals, sometimes to a new OneNote journal, other times to the sample journal. I know that one of the journals I tried to sync contained a single page, with writing, and no tabs. Each time, as far as I can remember, the same error appeared.

I would be happy to try any other tests you would like next time I'm at the office. Just let me know! Have a great weekend!

Old 04-22-2011, 06:28 PM   #54
Eddy R
Edge User

After reading AquaKate. Connected PE to computer. Synced/Sent/converted to text 4 daily files. One with Multiple page and drawings. No problems. Last one aborted with same error msg. Sorry, times constraints make for sloppy testing. Will redo later but hope some feed back will help.

If I find problem, will adapt.
Great work, great help.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:13 AM   #55
szegan
Edge User

Hi Lutz,

After 2 months not having my edge because the power socket was broken, I'm back. :-)

I tried your new version, it's promising. Actually, I get the same error as AguaKate. Furthermore, it seems that your program currently hangs up during synchronization.

I recognized that you have already implemented a zoom factor preference. That's nice. But, the minimal value of 0.5 seems to be not enough for notes from the full eDGe. The notes are not readable in OneNote, even if I zoom out to 10%...

Maybe I should provide you an example journal somehow, shouldn't I?

Thanks for your work so far, that's really cool!

Happy Easter!

Old 04-25-2011, 09:42 AM   #56
LutzS
Edge User

Okay then, I've uploaded an intermediary version (0.5.2) to codeplex . Even though it already contains many of the features for v0.6, they are switched of (still debugging them) So this is not a feature release, but it's intended for debugging mainly (to find the source of the 0x80042001 bug).
So much for the disclaimer
The version will create a log file in you local application data folder (that's something like "c:\users\<username>\AppData\Local" or open a windows explorer instance and enter "%LocalAppData%" (without quotation marks) in the address field, or hit the Windows Start button and enter "%LocalAppData%" (without quotation marks) in the search field). The file is called "edgesync.log" - you'll probably have to look for it.
So for those who encountered an error, could you please install the new version, run it to the error and then send me the content of the log file?
One word of warning though: I can principally read the content of your journal with the log information, though I'm only interested in the error source - nonetheless, a clever hacker may also use the information if you post it here. Hence, if you want to be cautious, send me your log as a private message, or if you don't trust me either, create a test journal with no confidential information.

Happy Easter, too

PS the version fixes the "empty pages crash" bug and allows to zoom out to factor 0.1 - @szegan, if you could send me a sample, then I could further improve the zooming.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:20 AM   #57
Dr. T
Edge User

Thank you SO MUCH for your work on this! I am really excited to try using it!

Old 04-26-2011, 07:29 AM   #58
fgruber
Edge User

Hi Lutz, I noticed that on the PE when you do a freehand annotation on a pdf the annotation is store in a file in .edge/.content/esi. Seems to be the same format as for journals. Just wondering if it may be possible to merge the annotations to the pdf as layer (as standard pdf annotations). Do you have any experience with this? Unluckily I haven't been able to find where the other annotations are stored like highlights and sticky notes.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:54 PM   #59
edgewise
Edge User

Another fan of this application here dropping to thank you wholeheartedly.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:39 PM   #60
silkmandarin
Edge User

This sounds like what I'm looking for. I'd love to use it but I'm a total android and pe newbie. Could some kind hearted soul give me specific directions about how to get this to work? Thank you so much.