Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-07-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
samhain
samhain began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Re-importing Library after corrupt metadata.db

Hello,

My metadata.db file became corrupted. I tried recovering it with sqlite3, but there are errors when doing that -- I figure it is toast.

So, Calibre is restarted with zero books, but I have the old directory structure with all the files including the metadata.opf's. How can I go about re-importing all of this into Calibre? It does not appear that a standard import will work. Perhaps if I imported each Authors directory individually? But I am hoping there is a less tedious way.

I did a search of the forums, but could not find anything. Although I might have not searched the appropriate words.

Thanks in advance.

- Steven
samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:10 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
click the arrow next to the calibre icon on the toolbar and select library maintenance->restore library.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2011, 12:31 PM   #3
samhain
samhain began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
That did it!

Thanks!
samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:57 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain View Post
That did it!

Thanks!
Do you know how your metadata.db became corrupt? I've done all sorts of awful things to my library, and have yet to corrupt it. It seems pretty resilient, but if you've got any tips on what to avoid, I'm interested.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote