Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-13-2013, 08:30 AM   #1216
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
I have the last update (this year) and it is in Reading tab.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:17 AM   #1217
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
Sorry, you are right. I seem to be blind.
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #1218
maindoor
Enthusiast
maindoor began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin
I'm going to do an update from 1.8.
I think I know the answer, but do we have any updates on
the configurable sleep/shutdown times working in new releases or do I have
to still use SQL db workaround to do that ?
maindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #1219
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

It is still the same in 1.81.

You may also use OFTM file manager, not only SQL db script/tool. And also, the instalation of firmware does not change the previous user setting.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:14 AM   #1220
renushan
Enthusiast
renushan began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX BOOX M92
Hello, can anyone use custom scribble templates? Please tell me how you do it. Thanks.
renushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:43 AM   #1221
renushan
Enthusiast

I bought an M92 in the e-bay. Within a month, the charging port had gone loose and it is not charging anymore. I cannot fix it in India. Dunno what to do. RIP, my reading devices. I am retiring hurt.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:38 AM   #1222
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Oh c'mon it can't be that bad. Can't you take the device to somebody who is apt at servicing pc components and have him take it apart? It might just need some soldering. And if the damage is more serious you can always take a pic and mail it to one of the distributors, they will probably be able to ship you the spare part.
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #1223
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Bug 1.8 (1.8.20121113) + PDFReader_Patch 2013.01.02 : PAD/Key mapping => Page turn

Hi,
I've a bug with the PDF Reader (last patch) when I use the key mapping for the PAD. This is the actions to do to see my bug :
  1. Load the PDF file, I use "tabularx.pdf" but I've the same problem with other files
  2. Page Settings : Clear Margins
  3. Page Setting : Universal Manual => PICTURE 1
  4. => I get the PICTURE 2
  5. Tools : Key Mapping -> Page Turn
  6. Change page with the PAD => PICTURE 3
It takes 2 press on the PAD to see one page, then only one press of the button ">" is necessary and the page is fully displayed.

With the PAD, the first press show the full page and the second seems only to move the viewport.

Could you confirm this bug ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M92_KeyMapping_Margins.JPG
Views:	330
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	99665   Click image for larger version

Name:	M92_KeyMapping_Page_1.JPG
Views:	318
Size:	195.7 KB
ID:	99666   Click image for larger version

Name:	M92_KeyMapping_Page_2.JPG
Views:	312
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	99667  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf tabularx.pdf (262.6 KB, 220 views)

Last edited by Randy11; 01-20-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:37 AM   #1224
renushan
Enthusiast

Hi Yayo,

Thanks for those kind words. I'll try some reputed PC servicing places. I've taken heart now.

RenuShan.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:27 AM   #1225
Lode
Zealot
Lode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the rough

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White, Max Carta
Hi!

I'm still using the same original firmware my Boox M92 came with when I got it a year ago from Booxtor's webshop, right after it had just come out.

Looking at some of the posts on this thread, I have my doubts about upgrading it with any of the new firmware. So many whistles and bells it seems. And with that so many more things to handle and choose from. And problems too it looks like...

I'm sure for many of us there are things they like with the upgrades, so for them it's handy.

All I want is to be able read PDFs and E-Books on it which I've been doing very nicely since I got it (with a little help from Calibre and Apprentice Alf's). So I'm thinking of just skipping the available firmware upgrades. Looks like for my simple use I don't need them.

Last edited by Lode; 01-25-2013 at 04:34 AM.
Lode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #1226
Mono
Mono

Hard to guess. The firmware is no question much better now after a year of development (I have M92 slightly more than a year). There is and always was many complaints/wishes/suggestions, so do not panic. There is not anything wrong with current firmware. (Or better said, it is not by any means worse than what you already have. The only missing thing is numeric battery meter, which was not very precise anyway...)

If you are not in hurry, possibly wait a while until new release comes, so that you will not have to install firmware and 2 patches for pdf reader. I expect next release will put everything in one box. Would be less work for you...

On the other side, if you are happy with what you already have, then no need for update.

If you do not like current firmware, you may downgrade to what you have. Just take note what firmware you have (number and release date).

Last edited by Mono; 01-25-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:35 PM   #1227
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Device: M92
Lode,
if you are mostly reading PDFs you definately want the latest firmware and PDF-reader. The new margin-functionality alone is worth the upgrade.
Defenderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #1228
vaa
vaa began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Key mapping bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
Hi,
I've a bug with the PDF Reader (last patch) when I use the key mapping for the PAD. This is the actions to do to see my bug :
  1. Load the PDF file, I use "tabularx.pdf" but I've the same problem with other files
  2. Page Settings : Clear Margins
  3. Page Setting : Universal Manual => PICTURE 1
  4. => I get the PICTURE 2
  5. Tools : Key Mapping -> Page Turn
  6. Change page with the PAD => PICTURE 3
It takes 2 press on the PAD to see one page, then only one press of the button ">" is necessary and the page is fully displayed.

With the PAD, the first press show the full page and the second seems only to move the viewport.

Could you confirm this bug ?
I confirm the bug. It seems that setting the Key Mapping to Page Turn isn't working correctly.
vaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #1229
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaa View Post
I confirm the bug. It seems that setting the Key Mapping to Page Turn isn't working correctly.
Thank you Vaa for the confirmation
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #1230
Mono
Mono

Could you, please, place found and confirmed bugs also to thread reserved to bugs of current version:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=201694

and possibly also to Wiki:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Boox_M92_wishlist

It helps to keep track of what is known issue and what is new thing...

Last edited by Mono; 01-27-2013 at 12:57 PM.