Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-15-2013, 08:00 AM   #586
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.9.4 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Fix for dependency on calibre code removed in 0.9.19
  • Display how many matches while running, and when cancelling display the matches found at that point rather than aborting completely.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:10 AM   #587
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Changes in this release:
  • Fix for dependency on calibre code removed in 0.9.19
  • Display how many matches while running, and when cancelling display the matches found at that point rather than aborting completely.
You might want to upload the fixed plugin to the first post.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2013, 08:14 AM   #588
ace3275
ace3275 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quality check

Wonder if anyone can help?? Have just installed ver 0.9.19 and upon calibre restart have found out that I have lost my quality check plug-in, also it still indicated as installed in my plug in UI, have tried to re instate it, but no joy, have uninstalled the plug in and now the plug in UI reporting that it cannot fine the zip file, have checked the forum plug in thread and its nowhere to be found any ideas anyone???
ace3275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:16 AM   #589
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@DoctorOhh - I did but something weird must have happened in the browser. It should be there now anyways.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:27 AM   #590
ace3275
ace3275 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
All Back to normal THANKS
ace3275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2013, 08:50 PM   #591
dirgeon
dirgeon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
@kiwidude Please add "mobi-asin" as an ASIN source for "Fix ASIN for Kindle Fire". I've already patched my copy, but it would be nice to have it already there.

Thanks!
dirgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:50 PM   #592
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.9.5 Released

Changes in this release:
  • When using the "Fix ASIN for Kindle Fire" feature, check for mobi-asin as a possible identifier prefix
Old 03-03-2013, 11:14 PM   #593
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Is it possible to check if the cover file has ext .jpeg the reader I use coolreader does not recognize covers if the the cover image is .jpeg but works if it is .jpg.
If you do add this the ability in modify epub to fix this would be helpful as well.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:33 PM   #594
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

In theory yes, though not entirely sure I would implement it. The problem is the age old chestnut of "what is the cover image" for the various epubs out there that do not specifically identify it in their manifest. The Modify ePub plugin has an enormous amount of complex logic to do its darndest to figure this out, and that would be horribly slow to run against an entire library.

If you just want to find epubs that have .jpeg files in them however, that can be done with the existing "Search ePubs" feature of this plugin. Set the options to be zip filenames, and the search to be:
\.jpeg

Or if you know that specifically it is cover.jpeg that is the problem you could search for that.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:00 AM   #595
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
In theory yes, though not entirely sure I would implement it. The problem is the age old chestnut of "what is the cover image" for the various epubs out there that do not specifically identify it in their manifest. The Modify ePub plugin has an enormous amount of complex logic to do its darndest to figure this out, and that would be horribly slow to run against an entire library.

If you just want to find epubs that have .jpeg files in them however, that can be done with the existing "Search ePubs" feature of this plugin. Set the options to be zip filenames, and the search to be:
\.jpeg

Or if you know that specifically it is cover.jpeg that is the problem you could search for that.
is there a way to mass rename them in calibre. As its cover.jpeg that are the problem they are by the same name in calibre itself so just changing them in calibre and using update metadata should fix it.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:19 AM   #596
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

No there isn't that I am aware of at least. I suggest you go slap around the developers of your reader app and tell them to pull a finger out, or use a different reader app.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:47 AM   #597
Dopedangel
Wizard

Quote:
No there isn't that I am aware of at least. I suggest you go slap around the developers of your reader app and tell them to pull a finger out, or use a different reader app.
I have already posted the bug but the developer is no longer very active and its otherwise the best reader on nook touch so don't have much choice.
I renamed a few of the covers from cover.jpeg to cover.jpg added to calibre then used modify epub plugin it did not update the name. Even when I selected remove and replace cover both. But the new calibre polish option seems to work.
Not asking you to change anything but am curious why is it so. using the search you suggested and polish fixes the problem for me.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #598
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@Dopedangel,

If I might ask, in what way are you finding that cover.jpeg 'doesn't work'. I have about 40 epubs on my Android phone. Most, if not all, of them have a cover.jpeg file for the cover as I have been routinely using 'Modify Epub' to put them there using the 'replace cover' option.

Whilst CoolReader is not my No.1 choice for reader app, I do occasionally use it. I've just checked again, all my epubs are correctly displaying cover thumbnails.

I have a vague memory that CoolReader didn't always show cover thumbnails if the opf file didn't contain a metadata item similar to
Code:
<meta name="cover" content="cover"/>
Using 'Modify Epub' or the new calibre 'Polish - update cover' should automatically fix that, though.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:33 PM   #599
Dopedangel
Wizard

Yes I realized that a few hours later as the cover is working on my phone but not on my nook touch for the same book the only difference that I can recall is that I send the books to my phone using calibre companion and send to device to the nook touch. I will compare the opf files when I get the time to see if that's the problem. But both ways calibre updates the opf so should not have a difference.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:43 AM   #600
yomismo818
yomismo818 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
"Check and repair book sizes" doesn't work for me. It detects bad book sizes, but not repair them.
Thanks for this great plugin.
yomismo818 is offline   Reply With Quote