Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-20-2013, 03:19 AM   #286
timwillhack
timwillhack began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura & Mini
yoq you are THE MAN! Thanks so much for your efforts. This hack is the primary reason I have switched to the Kobo Aura (non hd) over the paperwhite! Thanks again I know what its like to work on this sort of stuff and get angry people moaning about it not working that either don't realize you don't work for Kobo or are just extremely high up on their throne of our first world country living as an everyday king.
timwillhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:48 AM   #287
jamalau
Connoisseur
jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoq View Post
Finally, i finished the integrated version for all models.
And now that I have a decent implementation for software inverting, the bug @RobertJSawyer mentioned should also be gone.

There is no need to upgrade for owners of other models than the non-HD Aura, no changes here.
If I understood you correctly, the patch have to work on non-HD Aura, i´ve installed the patch, and it doesn´t work on FW 3.1.1, i´ve a bootloop now.

I have made a factory reset, and use the testpatch from Post #269!
jamalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2013, 10:44 AM   #288
linux1999
linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamalau View Post
If I understood you correctly, the patch have to work on non-HD Aura, i´ve installed the patch, and it doesn´t work on FW 3.1.1, i´ve a bootloop now.
Same here... bootloop, had to do a factory reset. Tried it twice...

Last edited by linux1999; 12-20-2013 at 10:46 AM.
linux1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:48 AM   #289
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
I've got the bootloop, too, on my Kobo Aura (non-HD) with Firmware 3.1.1.

BUILD 10 IS NOT SAFE FOR KOBO AURA WITH FIRMWARE 3.1.1. DO NOT INSTALL.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #290
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How do I break out of the bootloop? Pinhole reset did not do it for me. HELP, please?
Advert
Old 12-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #291
linux1999
linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
How do I break out of the bootloop? Pinhole reset did not do it for me. HELP, please?
Frankly I don't know exactly... didn't work for me either a few times, I tried attaching it to the computer, repushing it... pushing it together with power button, light button... in the end at some point it worked. So, just try it all

In another thread DNSB suggested this:
You will need to do a factory reset -- hold the power button for 15-20 seconds to turn it off, hold down the light switch and power it on. When the LED inside the power switch starts flashing rapidly, you can release the light switch. Alternate, is to hold the light switch, press and release the pin reset switch and then wait for the disco light before releasing the light switch.

Last edited by linux1999; 12-20-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:11 AM   #292
jamalau
Connoisseur
jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post

Push the light button, hold them down, and slide the power on bottom and hold them, after a few seconds you make a reset, and you can install the FW again!
jamalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #293
yoq
Developer
yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I'm really sorry guys, this shouldn't have happened, I hope you didn't loose anything important.

I will do more testing and report back.
yoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:34 AM   #294
linux1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoq View Post
I'm really sorry guys, this shouldn't have happened, I hope you didn't loose anything important.
I forgive you

Last edited by linux1999; 12-20-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #295
RobertJSawyer
Guru

yoq, no problem! David's tip for resetting worked for getting my Aura out of the bootloop.

DNSB wrote: "You will need to do a factory reset -- hold the power button for 15-20 seconds to turn it off, hold down the light switch and power it on. When the LED inside the power switch starts flashing rapidly, you can release the light switch. Alternate, is to hold the light switch, press and release the pin reset switch and then wait for the disco light before releasing the light switch."

I used the first of the two tricks David described.

Nightmode is by far my favourite Kobo hack, and I'm very grateful to you, yoq!

Last edited by RobertJSawyer; 12-20-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:36 PM   #296
Faiakes
Faiakes began at the beginning.

Device: Glo
I just installed to Glo with 3.1.1 and it works fine.

btw... THANK YOOOUUUUU

Finally.

Has anyone proposed to add the ability to reduce the light even less than the current 1% ?
Faiakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:45 AM   #297
KJB
KJB began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faiakes View Post
I just installed to Glo with 3.1.1 and it works fine.

btw... THANK YOOOUUUUU

Finally.

Has anyone proposed to add the ability to reduce the light even less than the current 1% ?
Finally decided to install the night mode yesterday and now it seems to have problems! Luckily NOT on my Glo (3.1.1), which works fine with build 10. Very grateful I am!

Reducing light beyond 1 % would also be interesting, I think. (suggested it once on the forum, but no one responded.)

BTW: The instructions on installing night mode could be a little more clear... for dummies (like me) reading the first post, it is not directly clear that the tgz-file itself should be copied to the .kobo-map, and not its content.
KJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:04 AM   #298
Faiakes
Faiakes began at the beginning.

Device: Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJB View Post
Finally decided to install the night mode yesterday and now it seems to have problems! Luckily NOT on my Glo (3.1.1), which works fine with build 10. Very grateful I am!
Mine was build 9 (from the first post in this thread). Where did you get build 10 from?
Faiakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #299
KJB
KJB began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faiakes View Post
Mine was build 9 (from the first post in this thread). Where did you get build 10 from?
My build 10 came from the first post before it was removed and replaced by version 9 due (I guess) to the aura-loop-problems mentioned in the recent posts. Propably yoq is working on it...
KJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:34 PM   #300
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal
Anghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I've just installed this hack and it works si good!! Thanks a lot for your job guys! Quick note, on my Glo, I had to downgrade to 2.6.1b as above it, the light does not come back after sleeping when set to 1%. But above 2%, it works. Unfortunately 2% is still to bright for me. I'll test the night mode tonight.
Anghirrim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo, hack, mini, night mode, touch