Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-07-2011, 04:22 PM   #151
blu-
Enthusiast
blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.

Device: prs 650
Will the cover be back?
blu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:47 PM   #152
bobsi18
Enthusiast
bobsi18 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone & Sony Pocket (& support for a Kobo Wifi)
Just surfing the Australian Sony store to see if there's any stock of the PRS 650 (there's not), and noticed that the pocket is available in silver, pink and blue - is that new? When I bought my pocket, I only noticed pink and silver.

Have sold so many people on the 650, but no-one is able to buy it because of lack of stock, such a shame (my mum has an o/s trip coming up and would like one for that, no way I'm lending her mine!)
bobsi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2011, 05:40 PM   #153
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
There are a few different colors available depending on your country. In the US and Canada our only choices are silver and pink for the 350, and I think silver, black and red for the 650.

Personally I would have done anything to get a blue one though if there was anyway possible.

Edit to correct 650 colors.

Last edited by Ripplinger; 03-07-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:52 PM   #154
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I keep reading you guys claim that Sony is selling gillions of Readers. Where is your proof? What are the numbers? Seems to me that Sony has never even tried to sell the readers, at least not the way Amazon and B&N try.

If you guys notice I stated that the article CLAIMED those figures. That is, there was no substantiation. I suspect they did a market survey of reader customers to see who had bought what. Such a survey would possibly be fairly accurate if conducted scientifically.

And BTW, as of 1426 CST the US store shows only the Red 650, no black one, and they are still out of stock as they have been the three times I've checked today.
I can do a survey of 100 people and those 100 people could all own a K3 or those 100 people could all own a nook or they could all own a Sony. Or 75% could own Sony and 25% own K3. It's not scientific. It's bunk. As we do not get hard numbers, these sorts of articles are pure speculation.

The reason I say the article is BS is because Sony is sold outside the USA and there is no way Sony will not have more units out there then the nook. Also, remember Sony has had more models then just the nook. So taking into account all the Sony Readers in use today world wide or even just the USA, the numbers given are most likely wrong. And my guess is that the Kindle numbers are too high. But again, that is just a guess. But as for the nook vs. Sony numbers, I'm pretty sure I am correct.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:56 AM   #155
umpi
umpi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.umpi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.umpi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Just ordered the 650 at sony.co.uk...FINALLY! (I gave up on my dream, the 950 from Borders US).

At the moment of writing it shows the black one as available.
umpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2011, 05:23 AM   #156
minty37
minty37 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650
PRS 650 in stock at Sony Centre UK

I just managed to buy one over the phone. They have black or silver.
minty37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:36 AM   #157
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
My sister got a black 650 at the Sony Store in Dallas, TX last week.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:46 PM   #158
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Saw a boxed silver 650 in my local Sony store. He said it was his last one. They also had a red one on display and a very scuffed looking black demo model. I didn't even know they did a silver version until I saw it.

They only had red and brown cases.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:46 AM   #159
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
Saw a boxed silver 650 in my local Sony store. He said it was his last one. They also had a red one on display and a very scuffed looking black demo model. I didn't even know they did a silver version until I saw it.

They only had red and brown cases.
Now if you only told us what city you were in, and what country, this might actually may sense...
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:01 AM   #160
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Considering the upcoming competition here in Germany at last with Kobo and Kindle in the pipeline, is it not possible Sony wants to stay up-to-date and will bring something new, even if this would be out of their autumn-news cycle?
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:06 AM   #161
bbriand
Enthusiast
bbriand began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Futureshop in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada has 3 x PRS650's on the shelves. As of two days ago.
bbriand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:24 AM   #162
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbriand View Post
Futureshop in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada has 3 x PRS650's on the shelves. As of two days ago.
The silver PRS-650 also shows 'in-stock' at the Richmond, British Columbia Future Shop location.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:38 AM   #163
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
I found this article
http://www.mobilityfeeds.com/mobilit...book-book.html

sigh, cannot buy here anywhere for the moment OR pre-order but too expensive

And in the light of the recent tragedy in Japan who knows what future for economy holds

Last edited by Chi Cygni; 03-15-2011 at 09:41 AM. Reason: edited in order not to multiply posts
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:38 AM   #164
Pegster
Devourer of Books
Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T1, Samsung S5
I spoke with the Sony Store in Belfast (UK) today. They have been told by Sony that the 650 has been discontinued and that they will be getting no more in stock. The staff member I spoke to said that Sony have told them that they will be bringing out a new version in May/June of this year. He hasn't been told what changes/improvements to it have been made, but he speculates that the only major improvement they could make to it would be adding 3G or wireless. I guess we'll see!
Pegster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:02 PM   #165
Jorgen
Connoisseur
Jorgen has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony prs-650, iPod, BEBOOK Mini, Nokia n810, iPaq
Just bought a 650 in silver (no black ones left, but the silver one is nice too) in the Sony Shop in Calle Major in Gandia (Valencia), Spain. They have at least three more in silver at €250 each.
Jorgen is offline   Reply With Quote