Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 02:11 PM   #106
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
In addition to the link to Scribd romance books, I made a link with searching for macmillan and then sorting to books and the genre romance on the left. Seem to get more titles this way I can see. Only 185 show as listed. Assuming the search only pulled up macmilan published stuff and not titles with that name in it. I see some nice historical romances with this search.
In my experience Macmillan does not have a very strong romance line up to begin with. they are by far the weakest of the big 5 in this genre. Over the past 4 years I've only purchased 18 Macmillan titles with Suzanne Enoch and Lisa Kleypas making up about half of them. Their romances seem to be heavily slanted towards historicals although I would watch for Susan Donovan's backlist to become available if you want contemporaries (I checked, they aren't there yet)
Old 01-14-2015, 02:20 PM   #107
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
In addition to the link to Scribd romance books, I made a link with searching for macmillan and then sorting to books and the genre romance on the left. Seem to get more titles this way I can see. Only 185 show as listed. Assuming the search only pulled up macmilan published stuff and not titles with that name in it. I see some nice historical romances with this search.

eta: I think I got it. I put in macmillan publishers and put it in quotes. Get 96 results and they seem to all be by the publisher.
https://www.scribd.com/search-books?...+publishers%22

I think I remember searching for harlequin lines that way, putting it in quotes like "carina press" etc.
Good work their search engine drives me batty!
Advert
Old 01-14-2015, 03:55 PM   #108
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Her Dangerous Viscount by Cynthia Wright is FREE at all retailers. Previously titled Natalya and pubbed by Ballantine in 1991.

http://smile.amazon.com/Dangerous-Vi...sin=B005IY5AWQ
Old 01-14-2015, 03:59 PM   #109
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Deepest Waters by Dan Walsh is FREE at all retailers. Historical Christian romance pubbed by Baker/Revell in 2011.

http://smile.amazon.com/Deepest-Wate...deepest+waters
Old 01-14-2015, 04:19 PM   #110
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

Fortune's Mistress by Mary Chase Comstock is FREE at Amazon today. Orig pubbed in 1996 by Zebra.

http://smile.amazon.com/Fortunes-Mis...e%27s+mistress
Advert
Old 01-14-2015, 04:22 PM   #111
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Haven't seen this posted yet, but it may partially answer the question of whether or not HarperCollins will allow Harlequin to keep running discounts directly off their website and/or be couponable elsewhere, since they seem to be trying this instead:

Harlequin is now doing this My Rewards test program for their US customers wherein you earn points by shopping and sharing (presumably via social media) your HQN-imprint books from their site (ETA: apparently it also applies to titles you buy physically and elsewhere online, though I don't know how they'd really do proof-of-purchase for that; maybe they make you scan & submit your receipts?) and eventually build up enough to earn free books (or enter special contests, but I myself wouldn't bother since the books are a guaranteed return, unlike the contest prizes which strike me as a waste of perfectly good points).

I don't know if this is available to everyone, or they're just randomly sending out the emails to fill up their test quota, but I'm a no-romo who doesn't buy stuff from them and in Canada besides, so I can't make use of this and maybe you can.

Here's the linkage to sign up for the test program: Harlequin My Rewards (must be a US resident, over 18, 1 account only, free ebooks are redeemed via a coupon with a cover value of $8.99 or less so pick the pricey ones on your wishlist, etc.).

Last edited by ATDrake; 01-14-2015 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-14-2015, 04:31 PM   #112
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Act One, Wish One: A Humorous Paranormal Romance (As You Wish Series Book 1) by Mindy Klasky

A humorous paranormal romance by USA Today bestselling author Mindy Klasky.
(Previously released as How Not to Make a Wish)

Stage manager Kira Franklin discovers a brass lamp in the back of a prop closet, complete with a gender-bending, wish-granting genie. Her first wish is easy - a job on a prestigious avant-garde production of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet.
Soon, though, Kira wonders how many wishes she'll need to succeed in that dream job. Her growing attraction to hunky actor Drew Myers rubs laconic set designer John McRae the wrong way. And John's stability may be the only thing that can rein in the increasingly bizarre demands of the play's quirky director.

Mindy Klasky is a member of Book View Café.
She learned to read when her parents shoved a book in her hands and told her she could travel anywhere in the world through stories. In her spare time, Mindy knits, quilts, and tries to tame her endless to-be-read shelf.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GSSJ6DK/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00GSSJ6DK/
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00GSSJ6DK/
Old 01-14-2015, 06:08 PM   #113
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I joined the Harlequin My Rewards the other day, but haven't bought any books yet.

Well, technically I did buy one from Kobo but you can only submit receipts from Amazon and B&N (for online orders, either print or digital) and K-Mart, Walmart, Target, and B&N for store purchases. Sad that my Target has stopped carrying all category titles. And, yes, you just take a picture of your receipt and submit it or, if an online purchase, forward the order confirmation email.

Also, only Harlequin titles count, not Carina Press (I called and asked). So I don't imagine Avon titles purchased directly from the Harlequin site will count either.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:27 PM   #114
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Also, only Harlequin titles count, not Carina Press (I called and asked). So I don't imagine Avon titles purchased directly from the Harlequin site will count either.
I saw this the How to Earn page:

"All Harlequin purchases qualify, all Harlequin series, all Love Inspired series, Mira, HQN, Carina Press, even our Teen and Nonfiction books. Just look for our logo on the book or for our name on the copyright page."

It would be really nice if the Avon titles qualified. I just looked at a few recent releases and I'm seeing they have better prices than Amazon. Combine that with a free book for every $50 you spend and it starts to be an interesting program.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:28 PM   #115
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I went and looked at MacMillan's offerings on Scribd and at first I was excited to see Cheyenne McCray. I've been wanting to read her paranormal books but only the first of her Night Tracker novels is on Scribd. Maybe if the "experiment" works out more will be added.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:31 PM   #116
Keslynn
Plausible Deniability
Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
Act One, Wish One: A Humorous Paranormal Romance (As You Wish Series Book 1) by Mindy Klasky

A humorous paranormal romance by USA Today bestselling author Mindy Klasky.
(Previously released as How Not to Make a Wish)
I won a signed copy of the second book in this series. They are fun, light romances. Definitely worth the free.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:37 PM   #117
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
I saw this the How to Earn page:

"All Harlequin purchases qualify, all Harlequin series, all Love Inspired series, Mira, HQN, Carina Press, even our Teen and Nonfiction books. Just look for our logo on the book or for our name on the copyright page."

It would be really nice if the Avon titles qualified. I just looked at a few recent releases and I'm seeing they have better prices than Amazon. Combine that with a free book for every $50 you spend and it starts to be an interesting program.
Maybe if you buy the print Carina Press titles direct on the Harlequin site they count. But I asked about ordering print books of theirs at Amazon and was told they don't count and neither do digital books bought at Carina. So maybe I was given incorrect information.

ETA: Okay I ordered some print books and was given credit for the two Shannon Stacey titles which are considered to be from Carina Press. Not sure if it's just the print books or not. Or if only the books brought directly from Harlequin.com or not. Since only the print books from Carina Press are available at the Harlquin site I figure that's the case. But that should mean if you purchase a Carina Press digital book from Amazon or B&N you should be able to submit the receipt for credit. Just not if purchased direct from Carina (since their website is technically not part of Harlequin.com) or from Google Play or Kobo (which is normally where I buy them).

Since this week's purchases are double points, I already qualified for a free book

Last edited by library addict; 01-14-2015 at 07:05 PM. Reason: add info
Old 01-14-2015, 09:05 PM   #118
apesmom
Wizard

Sci-Fi freebie

Romulus (Innerworld #1) by Marilyn Campbell previously titled Pyramid of Dreams
(Love Spell 1994)

Kindle

Quote:
Aster Mackenzie wants to go home. But she's trapped in the Earth's core, where advanced humanoids mine a rare energy source for their home planet, Norona. Worse, she's triggered the Noronian mating fever in Romulus Locke, Innerworld's Chief Administrator.

Romulus intends to be Governor of Innerworld but the moment he touches Aster, the fever takes hold, bonding them as soul-mates. Never has the fever affected a Terran, and intimacy between the races is forbidden; a conundrum Romulus has no time to explore.

The asteroid heading toward Earth is about to destroy both their worlds. Risking everything, Romulus takes Aster with him to Outerworld to warn Earth's scientists and is captured.

Now Aster must face her destiny and convince the powers of Norona to accept a long-hidden secret if her soul-mate is to survive.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:23 PM   #119
apesmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Maybe if you buy the print Carina Press titles direct on the Harlequin site they count. But I asked about ordering print books of theirs at Amazon and was told they don't count and neither do digital books bought at Carina. So maybe I was given incorrect information.

ETA: Okay I ordered some print books and was given credit for the two Shannon Stacey titles which are considered to be from Carina Press. Not sure if it's just the print books or not. Or if only the books brought directly from Harlequin.com or not. Since only the print books from Carina Press are available at the Harlquin site I figure that's the case. But that should mean if you purchase a Carina Press digital book from Amazon or B&N you should be able to submit the receipt for credit. Just not if purchased direct from Carina (since their website is technically not part of Harlequin.com) or from Google Play or Kobo (which is normally where I buy them).

Since this week's purchases are double points, I already qualified for a free book
In the interest of investigating this for team and because it was a wish list book at a good price, I bought an Avon book from the harlequin website. Wooot! I got points for it!

Thanks for pointing out the double points this week. I didn't know that.

EDIT: Hopefully this means we can use the points for free Avon titles.

Last edited by apesmom; 01-14-2015 at 09:46 PM.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:42 PM   #120
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
In the interest of investigating this for team and because it was a wish list book at a good price, I bought an Avon book from the harlequin website. Wooot! I got points for it!

Thanks for pointing out the double points this week. I didn't know that.

EDIT: Hopefully this meaning we can use the points for free Avon titles.
I would think so. You just submit 5000 points for coupon code.

It says "Get your coupon code for a free ebook of your choosing (cover price value of $8.99 or less) redeemable at Harlequin.com" and "Get your coupon code for a free print book of your choosing (cover price value of $8.99 or less) redeemable at Harlequin.com" There don't seem to be any further restrictions other than price.
Closed Thread