Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-03-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
jbrobrown
jbrobrown began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle dx
Python fails -Nonetype object not iterable

I have a number of books I have scanned into MS Word format. I save them as HTML and convert to MOBI for use on my Kindle. With Calibre version 7.27 I have started getting errors on about one book in five. These are books that converted OK on earlier versions. Problem still exists on version 7.31 The error mesage is:
Python function terminated unexpectedly
'NoneType' object is not iterable (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 103, in main
File "site.py", line 85, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 107, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 24, in gui_convert
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 948, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\mobi\output.py", line 174, in convert
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\mobi\mobiml.py", line 102, in __call__
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\mobi\mobiml.py", line 125, in mobimlize_spine
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\mobi\mobiml.py", line 443, in mobimlize_elem
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\mobi\mobiml.py", line 436, in mobimlize_elem
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

I suspect but don't know that the problem may be empty text boxes. These are sometimes hard to see. Any ideas , Thanks
jbrobrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:08 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
open a ticket and attach one of the files causing this error.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2010, 10:59 AM   #3
jbrobrown
jbrobrown began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle dx
I deleted version 0.7.32 and reloaded calibre 0.7.24. Since I primarily use Calibre to translate MS Word documents to MOBI to use on the Kindle, this is a good clean version.
I have been using Calibre for about 2 1/2 years now and would like to extend my thanks and appreciation for the steady improvement of this product.
jbrobrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:07 AM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, jbrobrown.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote