Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-28-2009, 11:05 PM   #31
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katti's Cat View Post
I have heard that "The Five Greatest Warriors" won't be released as eBook until January 2010. But Amazon already seems to have a version which is of course not yet available for us Australians.
The actual book isn't released until Jan 5th 2010. Amazon are taking pre-orders for both hardcover and ebook.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 11:20 PM   #32
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTownsend View Post
Oh dear why such limitations with a new online store?

On Matthew Reilly, I have been searching and searching and cannot locate his new book anywhere online for purchase as an eBook. Has anyone found a copy?
Read my reply #16 of this thread. Five Greatest Warriors is available from macmillandigital.com.au for the ridiculous price of $45.
It will probably be available as an ebook from a US ebook store in Jan '10 when it is released there.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2009, 11:36 PM   #33
elvee
elvee began at the beginning.

Device: bebook, bebook mini, sony Prs 600, Sony Prs650 Kobo Touch, Kindle Tou
Great news. Roll on Tuesday. I'm sure it will be a busy website.

Regards to all

elvee
elvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:14 AM   #34
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Thanks for your encouragement, everyone! It's a very exciting time for us. I'll post more information and answers as we go along.

Last edited by cbell; 11-29-2009 at 02:43 AM.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:14 AM   #35
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_au View Post
About the only time I would even consider removing the DRM(which is illegal in Oz) ...
I know that this topic has been done to death in other threads, but could you please supply documentation for this statement? Case law? Statutes?

Do you know of anyone who has ever been sued or charged?

I'm certainly not a lawyer, but for what it is worth I am sure that as long as one removes DRM only on books one has bought for one's own use any case would be thrown out of court since the complainant could not provide evidence of harm.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2009, 04:30 AM   #36
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
I know that this topic has been done to death in other threads, but could you please supply documentation for this statement? Case law? Statutes?

Do you know of anyone who has ever been sued or charged?

I'm certainly not a lawyer, but for what it is worth I am sure that as long as one removes DRM only on books one has bought for one's own use any case would be thrown out of court since the complainant could not provide evidence of harm.

Regards, Alex
At the risk of straying into an overdone and off topic area. I know that a couple of years ago it was deemed illegal to circumvent copy protection systems in Australia. I know the primary target was decrypting DVDs but I wouldn't want to go up against a lawyer to prove removing copy protection from ebooks or music does not break this law.
If you want to search out the relevant law go ahead. I don't know of anyone who has been sued at this time. They are probably too busy trying to prevent people from downloading TV shows and the like from torrents due to the pathetic state of Oz TV at present.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:47 AM   #37
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
You can buy the mp3 cd of Matthew Reilly's Five greatest Warriors from Bolinda (Aus Site). If you join you get 15 percent off which makes up for postage. Ordinary cd sets have been in Dymocks (Sydney cty branch) for weeks.

My husband is a slow reader so I bought the mp3 and put it on his ipod. It should work on lots of readers too, shouldn't it? I've never put mp3 files on a reader as I always use my Creative player.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:20 PM   #38
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Am I missing something, I went to the site to have a poke around and it appears to be in 'test mode'?
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:28 PM   #39
troykm
Connoisseur
troykm will become famous soon enoughtroykm will become famous soon enoughtroykm will become famous soon enoughtroykm will become famous soon enoughtroykm will become famous soon enoughtroykm will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
Am I missing something, I went to the site to have a poke around and it appears to be in 'test mode'?
read the very first post, its says the store opens on the 1st December, and that is not today
troykm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:39 AM   #40
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Not that I am inpatient or something like that - but what time do you open the doors? I don't sleep that much so can I go shopping after midnight or do I have to wait till normal shopping hours?
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:15 AM   #41
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katti's Cat View Post
Not that I am inpatient or something like that - but what time do you open the doors? I don't sleep that much so can I go shopping after midnight or do I have to wait till normal shopping hours?
I just tried from Launceston at 10.00pm EST and they aren't open yet.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:21 AM   #42
renae
renae began at the beginning.

Device: none
Yeah... link is not working for me either

cbell any updates? thanks
renae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:18 AM   #43
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Alex & renae - you have even less patience than me. Opening day was December 1. Not sure which timezone though.

0:20 Dec 1st Qld time - not open yet

Last edited by Katti's Cat; 11-30-2009 at 09:19 AM. Reason: checked if shop is open
Old 11-30-2009, 11:16 AM   #44
Katti's Cat
Wizard

Thought I check before going to bed (2:15 am Qld time) The shop is open. Bed can wait - will go looking now :-)

Grats on the launch of the shop.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:42 AM   #45
Katti's Cat
Wizard

Thumbs up New Bookstore Tested

Ok - just quickly. Been shopping.

Did the registration thingy, searched the book list. I have a rather long 'wishlist' and have found only 1 of the books i want in the shop. Hmm.

Didn't stop me from picking another one though.

A wishlist would be nice - or is there one and I couldn't find it?

The search function is a bit annoying as it 'spits out' books where I fail to see the connection to my search term.

If entering an authors fullname - use the 'advanced searchfunction' or you get all books that have for example 'Charlie' anywhere.

Nevertheless, the prices where ok. Not as cheap as in the US shops, but compared with some of the bookstores here in Oz not bad. And if I can buy a book here instead of overseas I don't mind to pay a 'little' bit more.

Will have to see how the catalogue develops. I guess it is very much depending on the availability from the publishers for us downunder.

And if anyone wants to know if there's an DRM on the books? I wouldn't have the foggiest what to look for so can't answer that.

Am I your first customer ? Am I?

Again congratulations on opening the doors and good luck. Will keep an eye on you and hopefully will be able to get my books from you.

Quick question: you have 'Great eBooks from Australia and around the World' in your banner - does that mean from Australian authors? If so, why not make that a category?

Last edited by Katti's Cat; 11-30-2009 at 11:44 AM. Reason: another question popped into my head

Tags
australia, ebooks, eco reader, new zealand, store