Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #1
timezone
Addict
timezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Windows Phone7, Kindle Fire
Slingplayer

It appears SlingPlayer does not work on the new Fire HD. Anyone have any updates on when we may see it? I tried sideloading and installing it. When running it I got the incompatible message and it closed.
timezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #2
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Amazon says their SlingPlayer (Kindle Tablet Edition) is compatible with the KFHD. Looking at the reviews I see it doesn't work with the Dish Network Slingbox, in case that applies.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #3
timezone
Addict
timezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Windows Phone7, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
Amazon says their SlingPlayer (Kindle Tablet Edition) is compatible with the KFHD. Looking at the reviews I see it doesn't work with the Dish Network Slingbox, in case that applies.
My account says otherwise. Slingplayer is checked for the original fire and has a X mark for Fire HD. Customer service from Amazon and SlingMedia confirm it is not compatible. Not to mention I side installed it and it will not run. It was a successful install.

What is more troubling is the possibility of Slingmedia requiring another purchase. I bought it for the original window phone then bought it again. Bought it again for
the kindle and I hope not again for Kindle HD.
timezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by timezone View Post
My account says otherwise. Slingplayer is checked for the original fire and has a X mark for Fire HD. Customer service from Amazon and SlingMedia confirm it is not compatible. Not to mention I side installed it and it will not run. It was a successful install.

What is more troubling is the possibility of Slingmedia requiring another purchase. I bought it for the original window phone then bought it again. Bought it again for
the kindle and I hope not again for Kindle HD.
That's really strange. I went back and checked. There is definitely a green comparability check mark next to Kindle Fire HD on my screen.

Spoiler:

Edit: Rereading your message I see we're talking about different versions. You're trying to use the KF version on your KFHD. You're probably right, and they're going to make to buy the HD "optimized" version. I just saw that with Plants vs. Zombies, the KF version isn't compatible with the HD, but they'll happily sell you the HD version.

Last edited by carld; 11-18-2012 at 01:13 PM.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote