Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-31-2012, 06:22 AM   #1
readMax
Enthusiast
readMax began at the beginning.

Device: Pro612
connecting terminal to PB via BT or USB

Hi,

I try to connect a terminal program (Hyperterminal running on PC with XP) to my PocketBook (Pro612).
Because I don't know how to use the USB connection, I tried the built-in Bluetooth. If there is any USB solution I would be glad to hear.

After starting BT on PC I started Hyperterminal on the virtual BT Com (Com7,38400,8,n,1). Then I activated BT on PocketBook and switched to PoTerm. The command "hciconfig -a" showed the device /dev/hci0 is ready und up. With "hcitool scan" I saw the PC. The "hciattache" was running on device /dev/ttySAC1.
Then I started the rfcomm with the following command
"rfcomm -i hci0 listen /dev/rfcomm0 7 &"
followed by
"getty 38400 /dev/rfcomm0"
to get a login on PocketBook. However I could not connect. Nothing appears on Hyperterminal. After some seconds the getty finished with no message.
Is there anything I missed? Any ideas? What did I wrong?

Any help is welcome.

Thanks an greetings
Max.
readMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:43 PM   #2
readMax
Enthusiast
readMax began at the beginning.

Device: Pro612
Giving up!
Without root permissions you cannot do these things.
The only way to walk on the Linux system is to use the way that reader42 and rkomar has showed us: utelnetd. If you use this (thats Wifi not BT) thats the only way to look whats going on on your PocketBook Pro.

If there is any Howto to root the Pro612, I would be very glad....

Greetings.
readMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #3
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by readMax View Post
Giving up!
Without root permissions you cannot do these things.
The only way to walk on the Linux system is to use the way that reader42 and rkomar has showed us: utelnetd. If you use this (thats Wifi not BT) thats the only way to look whats going on on your PocketBook Pro.

If there is any Howto to root the Pro612, I would be very glad....

Greetings.
No one has figured out how to root the recent firmware updates. They closed the hole that was used in the early 2.0 series firmwares. The Russian users have tried but failed, so I don't have much hope for anyone else rooting it. You can root your device if you revert to the 2.0.6 firmware, but then you lose many features (like multi-tasking) and bug fixes.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote