Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-01-2008, 07:18 PM   #1
VikingDave
VikingDave has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.VikingDave has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.VikingDave has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.VikingDave has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.VikingDave has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
Most Readable Font

I am very much enjoying my new 505. I've created a few books from files I've already had by converting them over from various formats. I'd just like to know if there is a consensus out there on what the best font is for book creation (most pleasing, readable, etc.)

Is there a hands down winner?
VikingDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:20 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingDave View Post
I am very much enjoying my new 505. I've created a few books from files I've already had by converting them over from various formats. I'd just like to know if there is a consensus out there on what the best font is for book creation (most pleasing, readable, etc.)

New Century Schoolbook
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2008, 07:32 PM   #3
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
New Century Schoolbook
That's also the default font that we use on Feedbooks.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 08:55 PM   #4
crusader666
Enthusiast
crusader666 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505; EB-1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingDave View Post

I realize it has probably been discussed on this board, but what is the most popular software to use to convert books? I went to one site (I think it was BookDesigner) and it was in a foreign language.
crusader666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:50 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Book Designer files and thread...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11786

Book Cleaner files and thread...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11649

I suggest reading both threads.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2008, 11:07 PM   #6
VikingDave
VikingDave has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.VikingDave has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.VikingDave has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.VikingDave has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.VikingDave has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader666 View Post
I realize it has probably been discussed on this board, but what is the most popular software to use to convert books? I went to one site (I think it was BookDesigner) and it was in a foreign language.

Back to the topic at hand... thanks for the input. I am also looking into how the new Microsoft ClearType fonts look and feel in the reader. I know many people are anti-empire with MS, but they've obviously put a lot of study and resources into choosing typeface. The new fonts such as Calibri, Cambria, etc. packaged with Office 07 and Vista are nice and I'm currently trying them on the Reader. So far, I've really liked the look and feel of Constantia.
VikingDave is offline   Reply With Quote