Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-25-2011, 09:17 PM   #16
sean.fosterbrown
Enthusiast
sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle Touch
I like this and I've been looking for a free kindle calculator app for a while, but I'm scared of the usb Networking hack. I'm kind of afraid it will brick the kindle...Could you use a .bin file like with kif and KindleNote? thanks
sean.fosterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:15 AM   #17
noisy
noisy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
@kindle3zeng: Can you share with your sources?
noisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2011, 10:42 AM   #18
mda13
mda13 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
@kindle3zeng: i would appreciate for sources too.
and for any brief recommendations about developer envirronment.
mda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:47 PM   #19
kindle3zeng
Enthusiast
kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: kindle 3wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mda13 View Post
@kindle3zeng: i would appreciate for sources too.
and for any brief recommendations about developer envirronment.
Source files are attached in the original post.
kindle3zeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:19 PM   #20
jonthedit
Nameless Being

I'm having issues copying over.
I'm using putty and when I set "mntroot rw" it works,
But when I try to access /var/ or such, I get "Permission denied"
Any idea? >.<
Also after I get into that area, how do I copy over the keystore?
Advert
Old 12-17-2011, 09:14 AM   #21
gerion
gerion began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindle3zeng View Post
You need to jailbreak it and install USBnetwork. and then ssh into your kindle to find /var/local/java/keystore/
Sorry for this question, you must think that it's a silly question, but I'm a linux noob. Sorry for my english, too

I've installed USBnetwork, and I ssh into my kindle.

Ok, i have the telnet on my screen. I can see my kindle's directories.
I suppose that my first command must be:

mntroot rw

and now it comes the command cp to copy that file to /var/local/java/keystore/

¿How must i use it? I have the file developer.keystore in c: (i use windows xp)

Please help me.

EDIT: I think i´ve found the way to do it here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...85&postcount=8

Thank you anyways.

Last edited by gerion; 12-17-2011 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Found the answer
gerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:09 AM   #22
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerion View Post
Sorry for this question, you must think that it's a silly question, but I'm a linux noob. Sorry for my english, too

I've installed USBnetwork, and I ssh into my kindle.

Ok, i have the telnet on my screen. I can see my kindle's directories.
I suppose that my first command must be:

mntroot rw

and now it comes the command cp to copy that file to /var/local/java/keystore/

¿How must i use it? I have the file developer.keystore in c: (i use windows xp)

Please help me.

EDIT: I think i´ve found the way to do it here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...85&postcount=8

Thank you anyways.

If you haven't figured it out yet, a much easier way would be to copy the keystore file using a Launchpad script, which would it for you automatically without the need for the USB Hack. Look at thomass's last posts on this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=152294
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:59 AM   #23
jmesar
Enthusiast
jmesar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
merge developer.keystore

I would like to try with Kalculator-0.0.2, but I already have installed Notepad, so I need to merge the developer.keystore:

To compile:
1. install python
2. path_to_your_python waf configure
3. path_to_your_python waf build
the binary would be sitting build/

Imply to know Phyton…..

Also
keytool -importkeystore -srckeystore developer-to-import.keystore -destkeystore developer.keystore

Need a Linux machine, can Kindle do It? How?

Have anyone merged this two key?
jmesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #24
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmesar View Post
Have anyone merged this two key?
I did: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=152294
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:31 AM   #25
peter12345
Connoisseur
peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 * K3 with 3G, Sony PRS-T1
My head is spinning, so which merged key contains what, is there one for KIF, the calculator, snakes and the word editor. Like a super merged key?
peter12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:33 AM   #26
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Yes, that's why it's called "merged". It contains all the keys.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:24 AM   #27
peter12345
Connoisseur
peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 * K3 with 3G, Sony PRS-T1
Yep it does work. Thank you, I just needed somebody to push me a little bit, motivation is my problem - u should see me at work!

Alright I have Kif, Kalculator, Snake Game and Kindle Note all on the same boat, and nobody is drowning.
peter12345 is offline   Reply With Quote