Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 05-22-2008, 12:18 PM   #1
Cutter74
Cutter74 began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Question .lit hack

i have a huge library (20,000+) in .lit format and was looking to see if anyone has come up with or if it is even viable to make a hack or plugin to read .lit on prs-505 without converting
Cutter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 12:25 PM   #2
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Through OpenInkpot maybe, but you'll have to wait for a few months and replace your firmware with OpenInkpot...
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:07 PM   #3
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Have fun waiting for that! I would just make a script of some kind to traverse your files/folders and call the command line utilities available to do the conversions. It may take a few days, depending on your system.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 12:45 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter74 View Post
i have a huge library (20,000+) in .lit format and was looking to see if anyone has come up with or if it is even viable to make a hack or plugin to read .lit on prs-505 without converting
Using ConvertLIT to remove the DRM and then using lit2lrf is a very simple process to get LRF out of your MS Reader format eBooks. Of course, if you have mostly pirated MS Reader eBooks, you'll find the formatting of a lot of them to be awful and the resulting LRF won't be any better.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 09:38 AM   #5
Cutter74
Cutter74 began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
i have several means for converting my .lit to .rtf which formats wonderfully although i do lose my cover art but i was hopping to save myself the inconvenience of having to convert all of them

Last edited by Cutter74; 05-23-2008 at 09:43 AM.
Cutter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 09:52 AM   #6
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
i have several means for converting my .lit to .rtf which formats wonderfully although i do lose my cover art but i was hopping to save myself the inconvenience of having to convert all of them
I have given up mass conversion attempts. I can read only one book at the time. So I settled for converting only books I am just about to read, and perhaps a dozen more if I plan to travel somewhere. Most books require hand tweaking anyway.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 09:53 AM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
A fairly simple batch file would be able to run through all the files. But, even that isn't needed. Just import the folder into calibre (I think you can do that), select all the books and press the convert button. Once it is done use the save to disk feature. Shouldn't be to painfull.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:38 PM   #8
TwiSteDCBloSsoM
Enthusiast
TwiSteDCBloSsoM doesn't litterTwiSteDCBloSsoM doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
I know this thread is old.. but you could just use calibre. You just put your lit file into it's library and convert it to lrf.. it goes fairly quick.. and if the lit has a cover picture.. the resulting lrf still has the cover. If it doesn't have the image.. you can just find it online and add it to the file before it converts.
I just got my reader yesterday but for months I've been finding all the books I own as ebooks... sadly for the most part they have all been lit.. so I found calibre very usefull.
TwiSteDCBloSsoM is offline   Reply With Quote