Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-04-2008, 04:36 AM   #1
whymany
whymany began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
failure to launch

I could not get calibre working in ubuntu 8.04 so I installed 8.10 and installed the dependency files but now, calibre asks me for a folder in which to keep books. I set it to a folder but it only exits.
I have read other posts and I have deleted the metadata.db and the global.py from .config/calibre.
after I do this calibre asks me to chose, again, a folder to install books. and repeats...

whymany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:39 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Run it in a terminal and post any output you see
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2008, 03:18 AM   #3
whymany

nothing happens, the terminal comes back blank. calibre just exits and I am at the shell ready for another command.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:40 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
how did you install it?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:06 AM   #5
whymany

I installed it using the commands you give for linux ubuntu.. I tried to follow all instructions..
but, since I couldn't get it to work there I just downloaded vmware and isntalled winxp and calibre and now problem solved, i guess.
Advert