Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 01-18-2011, 03:44 AM   #1
clivesl
clivesl began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 701 IQ
ADB Driver for PocketBook IQ?

I am having trouble finding an ADB Driver for my PocketBook IQ. I'm running windows 7 and I have downloaded the AndroidSDK and attempted to point windows at all of the USB Drivers Folders in the SDK but I can't get a driver to install. What am I missing here? I know it is going to be a simple fix, but I am at a loss.
clivesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:00 AM   #2
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by clivesl View Post
I am having trouble finding an ADB Driver for my PocketBook IQ. I'm running windows 7 and I have downloaded the AndroidSDK and attempted to point windows at all of the USB Drivers Folders in the SDK but I can't get a driver to install. What am I missing here? I know it is going to be a simple fix, but I am at a loss.
Open the INF file in the USB_Driver folder in your SDK with a plain text editor and look to see if your device is in the [Manufacturer] list. If it is not there, then your device is probably not a device officially supported by the SDK. In that case you should try to get the driver from your device manufacturer.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 10:59 AM   #3
clivesl

It is not in the INF file and the device manufacturer has no drivers on their site, but many members of this forum have connected it to their machines and gained ADB access. So I am wondering how they did it? I can boot my PC into Linux if I have to, but still need the ADB driver.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:40 AM   #4
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It is not in the INF file and the device manufacturer has no drivers on their site, but many members of this forum have connected it to their machines and gained ADB access. So I am wondering how they did it?
The way that I did it with my SmartQV7 was to edit the INF file and add the parameters for my SmartQV7. Of course, you need to know the parameters, but usually someone on a device specific discussion forum has posted them somewhere.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:24 PM   #5
clivesl

That's kind of what I was hoping for, but can't find it on slatedroid, xda or here. If anyone knows where I can find those parameters I would be eternally grateful. I love the IQ, but the lack of app space is driving me nuts.
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 04:14 PM   #6
clivesl

Thanks all, found the driver and got adb working
Old 01-19-2011, 02:17 AM   #7
Dave_S
What Title ?

Quote:
Thanks all, found the driver and got adb working
Old 02-12-2011, 01:02 PM   #8
vbock
vbock began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Would you mind saying WHERE you found the pocketbook IQ usb driver? I'm going nuts trying to find it!
vbock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:50 AM   #9
clivesl

I wish I remembered, I pretty sure it was on this site and it was a tutorial on how to doctor a nookcolor driver (I think) to work with the IQ. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:40 AM   #10
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Check in the Pocketbook Forum; the IQ community there has step-by-step instructions on several major hacks; rooting, Patching it for apps2sd, getting Google's market running, and even a repacked firmware that flashes the IQ as pre-rooted.
Most of those threads are clearly marked as 701/IQ.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote