Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-09-2009, 07:10 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Free program today only - Create software boxes and ebook covers

GOTD has a program called "Cover Commander," a program that (supposedly) allows one to create ebook covers.

Here's the link:
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

I'm going to download it and give it a try, to see if it has any practical use for my ebook covers I create for the ebooks I upload here.

Remember, the program is free for only 24 hours.

I have no affiliation with the program, of course, in any way imaginable.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:48 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
GOTD has a program called "Cover Commander," a program that (supposedly) allows one to create ebook covers.

Here's the link:
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/
This doesn't create the covers. What it does is wrap images around a 3d model of an object, and then allows you to adjust position, lighting, shadows and reflections, to create a picture of the object suitable for publicity material.

Useful if you need it, but no use in actually creating the cover images.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2009, 11:09 AM   #3
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
I might find some use for it. Not sure what as yet (possible an avatar). Below are Terms and Conditions:

Terms and conditions

Please note that the software you download and install
during the Giveaway period comes with the following important limitations:
1) No free technical support
2) No free upgrades to future versions
3) Strictly non-commercial usage

*edit* used mainly to create covers for binders and boxes (ie pbooks) or inserts for CD cases....

*edit* it also states in conditions that this is a 90 day free trial period, and to use it after the 90 days it must be registered??? (It is not made clear if there is a cost registering??)

*edit* plus there is an option to buy the full version, which means that the trial version is lacking!!

*edit* big "trial version" across all screens which doesn't go away unless you purchase. Yukkk

Best to go to homepage of product and read all about it to make any decision about downloading.

These promo gimmicks just turn me off, will be deleting this promptly!

Froze my Windows Vista 3 times, this trial is gone!

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 02-09-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:45 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
This doesn't create the covers. What it does is wrap images around a 3d model of an object, and then allows you to adjust position, lighting, shadows and reflections, to create a picture of the object suitable for publicity material.

Useful if you need it, but no use in actually creating the cover images.
That doesn't sound like it interests me.

I suppose I'll go ahead and delete it.

Thanks for the information.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:08 PM   #5
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Thanks for that review, wetdogeared. It saved me the trouble of downloading it.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert