Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-14-2007, 01:23 PM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
With the next version of FBReader ported to the iLiad, you'll be able to select books directly from the contentlister. You won't need to "search" for them anymore.
How will that work in situations like ".prc" files, where a file can be opened by either MobiPocket or FBReader? Eg, I prefer to read my MobiPocket books in MobiPocket Reader, but I'd still like to use FBReader for other file types. Will that still be possible?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:25 PM   #17
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
How will that work in situations like ".prc" files, where a file can be opened by either MobiPocket or FBReader? Eg, I prefer to read my MobiPocket books in MobiPocket Reader, but I'd still like to use FBReader for other file types. Will that still be possible?
Yes.

The installer won't replace any of the formats the iLiad can already read, but simply add more types and file extensions to it.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2007, 01:26 PM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Excellent! Look forward to it.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:26 PM   #19
gingercat
Connoisseur
gingercat began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by radleyp View Post
To me this makes little sense, as I want a PIM in my pocket, and that's why I started with handhelds in the first place. It makes more sense to me to port a reader to a pocket-sized device than to port a PIM to something the size of the Iliad.
Thats ok if you can read some of the pocket sized devices. Some of us have been looking for a larger screen sized device for ages
gingercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:22 AM   #20
Snas
Enthusiast
Snas began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad & N95
To import contacts, which format is accepted ?
Snas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2007, 08:25 AM   #21
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

It should work with vcard, but I haven't tested it.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:45 AM   #22
Snas
Enthusiast
Snas began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad & N95
Yes, import successful ! (.vcf file)
Thanks Adam !

Edit : But a list of contacts doesn't be imported (.wab or .csv files)

Last edited by Snas; 08-20-2007 at 09:11 AM.
Snas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:26 PM   #23
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snas View Post
Yes, import successful ! (.vcf file)
Thanks Adam !

Edit : But a list of contacts doesn't be imported (.wab or .csv files)
I think you can have multiple contacts in a vcard. Try manually editing the file with notepad and copying the contents from a few vcf files.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:26 AM   #24
segatang
Connoisseur
segatang has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kolin i-library
Hi, can it support codes of tranditional/simplified Chinese and Japanese etc.?
And, can I input tranditional/simplified Chinese and Japanese with the handwriting recognization? Thanks a lot.
segatang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 04:47 AM   #25
dedo
Enthusiast
dedo doesn't litterdedo doesn't litter

Device: iRex DR800
Thanks Adam, it rocks!
dedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 09:03 AM   #26
dedo
Enthusiast

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
GPE does not have any sync abilities that I'm aware of, so you won't be able to keep it updated with your PC.
I use GPE on PC too and I think it can be sync with iLiad just synchronizing in both direction .gpe directory, I use Unison to synchronize in both directions.
I have to try it.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:19 AM   #27
dedo
Enthusiast

It seems to work, I have installed GPE on my PC too and here is the Unison profile I use:

Code:
# Unison preferences file
root = /home/USER
root = /CARD_PATH/_local/home
path = .gpe
path = .gpe-calendar

# log file
log = true
logfile = /home/USER/.unison/GPE.log

# ignore permissions
perms = 0000
Old 10-07-2007, 10:54 PM   #28
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Thanks for the tip on Unison! Cross-platform, too!
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:33 AM   #29
lostdeer
lostdeer began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
fail to install

Thank you for developing the useful tool!
I downloaded and unzipped it to SD card.
screen shows an icon for installation.
But it does not respond.
How can I fix it?
lostdeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:41 AM   #30
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Have you installed the shell access package? You need that before you can install anything.