Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-29-2010, 05:02 PM   #16
clarkcz
clarkcz began at the beginning.

Device: Irex dr1000s
great job,Sardy, thanks so much for these pics. I find a solution to my Dr1000 battery problem now. The orignal battery in my DR1000s is about 2 years old so I think I might need to replace it.
Would you show me where you actually order the battery and how much?I couldn't find it from it's website. Many thanks
clarkcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:51 AM   #17
Sardy
Sardy began at the beginning.

Device: IRex DR1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkcz View Post
great job,Sardy, thanks so much for these pics. I find a solution to my Dr1000 battery problem now. The orignal battery in my DR1000s is about 2 years old so I think I might need to replace it.
Would you show me where you actually order the battery and how much?I couldn't find it from it's website. Many thanks
Mine was about 2 years old too. I had to recharge quite often now. I hope to keep using my DR for a year or two 2 at the least, until i'm sure what type of reader/tablet i'm going to buy next. So replacing the battery seemed worth the trouble.
I ordered the new one here in Holland: http://nl.rs-online.com (search for art. nr. 446009). There might be an interesting alternative though: http://www.batteryspace.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=4358. Found this in an older Iliad thread. Looking at the dimensions i think it would fit at the top of the DR and because it's only 6 mm thick maybe you could avoid having to cut a hole in the case entirely. It would go on top of a small flatcable, i'm not sure if that would be a problem. I couldn't find this type of battery here in Holland, so i decided to try the Varta battery.
If you're going to give it a try, be sure to have a look at the older thread (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46869) which i mentioned above. It was very useful to me too (thx kleykenb!).
Sardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2010, 01:41 PM   #18
clarkcz
clarkcz began at the beginning.

Device: Irex dr1000s
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardy View Post
Mine was about 2 years old too. I had to recharge quite often now. I hope to keep using my DR for a year or two 2 at the least, until i'm sure what type of reader/tablet i'm going to buy next. So replacing the battery seemed worth the trouble.
I ordered the new one here in Holland: http://nl.rs-online.com (search for art. nr. 446009). There might be an interesting alternative though: http://www.batteryspace.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=4358. Found this in an older Iliad thread. Looking at the dimensions i think it would fit at the top of the DR and because it's only 6 mm thick maybe you could avoid having to cut a hole in the case entirely. It would go on top of a small flatcable, i'm not sure if that would be a problem. I couldn't find this type of battery here in Holland, so i decided to try the Varta battery.
If you're going to give it a try, be sure to have a look at the older thread (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46869) which i mentioned above. It was very useful to me too (thx kleykenb!).
Thanks so much,Sardy!!!!!It's going to be very useful!!
Since I am in america, It's slow to buy the battery from Eruo.
I prefer to try the second one. But do they have the same port?
I am also very interested in add a swith to the battery in case of leaking power(without reason) like you did, it's a great idea. I am going to find some more materials before I am doing it. Thanks so much for your help again!!!!
clarkcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:54 AM   #19
Sardy

Don't know what type of connector the big one from batteryspace has. My Varta battery had a different one, so i had to use the original connector. The wires were already cut and connected to the on/off switch because i had that installed earlier. The switch i used, came out of an old 56k modem. It was quite small, but i had to dremel away some plastic nevertheless to make it fit. I used some 2-component glue to keep it in place. The switch is a little inside the case, so it can't be pushed on or off accidentally. I made a small opening at the bottom near the usb connectors and the reset-button and use my stylus to switch it on and off.
Until now the batterry-gauge is still not very reliable. The DR switches off even when the indicator shows its not empty at all. I suppose it'll take some time. When it shuts down while i think it's not empty yet, i use the on/off switch. After starting up this way, the indicator will show a fully charged battery again. This way i get some extra hours of reading time. I only charge the battery when the DR doesn't start up anymore.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1058.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	400.6 KB
ID:	59197  

Last edited by Sardy; 10-02-2010 at 08:01 AM.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:24 AM   #20
bokjeid
Addict
bokjeid began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Sardy, was there no problem just after you changed the battery? I post a thread about the problem shown after changing the battery in my device. I don't know the exact cause so I don't know how to solve it - that's the real problem.
And, doesn't your device emit a little 'white noise'? I heard almost all of the devices emit a little 'white noise' from the inside of it in this forum. Did you see the source of the noise when you opened the device if yours also emit the noise?
bokjeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2010, 10:32 AM   #21
Sardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokjeid View Post
Sardy, was there no problem just after you changed the battery? I post a thread about the problem shown after changing the battery in my device. I don't know the exact cause so I don't know how to solve it - that's the real problem.
And, doesn't your device emit a little 'white noise'? I heard almost all of the devices emit a little 'white noise' from the inside of it in this forum. Did you see the source of the noise when you opened the device if yours also emit the noise?
No real problems. Sometimes the battery charges/discharges too quickly. I think it's the battery-circuitry that causes these problems (uptil now the battery indicator isn't very reliable). When that happens i use my extra on/off switch. That solves almost always the problems. As a matter of fact, disconnecting and reconnecting your battery has the same effect. I hope your replacement battery is the right type: Lithium Polymer and the right voltage: 3.7. Otherwise you could be in trouble.
When it's real quiet i can hear that white noise too, seems to be a fairly common "problem".
Old 10-18-2010, 12:03 PM   #22
bokjeid
Addict
bokjeid began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardy View Post
No real problems. Sometimes the battery charges/discharges too quickly. I think it's the battery-circuitry that causes these problems (uptil now the battery indicator isn't very reliable). When that happens i use my extra on/off switch. That solves almost always the problems. As a matter of fact, disconnecting and reconnecting your battery has the same effect. I hope your replacement battery is the right type: Lithium Polymer and the right voltage: 3.7. Otherwise you could be in trouble.
When it's real quiet i can hear that white noise too, seems to be a fairly common "problem".
Thank you for your answer in detail.. My device seems to be dead again now.. So I should manage to solve it tomorrow;;
bokjeid is offline   Reply With Quote